Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Checking for firmware updates RBK753S

Mitch_R
Guide

Checking for firmware updates RBK753S

I have an AX4200 (RBK753S) system. I believe the firmware is up to date, so I'm not worried about that. My concern, though is that I get an error message when I just try to check for an update.

When I use the Orbi app, it says "There was a problem checking firmware update". When I use 192.168.1.1, it says "service unreachable".

The router and satellites all works fine, and I think the firmware is in fact up to date, but I didn't know if these error messages were something I need to worry about.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Checking for firmware updates RBK753S

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Sometimes it can be the ISP Modem you maybe connected to, other than this, sometimes it maybe NGs services that maybe at fault which we have seen before. Nothing to be worried about. 

Best way to check for updates is to check NGs download support site. 

There is a beta available which is made availalbe on request which is not on the download site nor on the update services:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Intermittent-DNS-Errors-and-WiFi-Issues/m-p/2104106/highlig...

Message 2 of 6
Mitch_R
Guide

Thanks. I have a Netgear CM1100 modem.

The firmware updated fine when I set up the orbi system, and I can always check manually for an update. I just didn't know why the app and the router ip address both gave error messages.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, just sometimes is a NG service issue. I did check mine last nite, didn't get a service error. So not sure why your seeing this. Anything is possilbe when it comes to Orbi. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? 

Message 4 of 6
Mitch_R
Guide

I haven't done a factory reset. I just bought these units a month ago, and I think it installed an update during setup.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You can save off a back up configuration to file, factory reset, check for FW update status on the RBRs web page and see if it still gives an error. 

Re-load the saved config after checking. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7