Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Chromebook Connection Issues - DNS Problem?

lw187
Guide

Chromebook Connection Issues - DNS Problem?

Have had multiple chromebooks lose connection to internet. Is this related to the dns issues? Other devices fine
Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

If other devices are working and the Chrome books don't, I would review whats going on with the books. Any updates recently with them? Contact google for help and information. 

Message 2 of 13
lw187
Guide

The chromebooks in question have been problematic since day one of my AX system
Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Can try disabling AX mode on the RBR and see. 

Try setting CTS to 2347 as well. 

Message 4 of 13
lw187
Guide

Furry you are far and away the most helpful person there is when it comes to net gear products but can you help me understand why I would disable the feature I paid 1500 dollars for ?
Message 5 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Some non AX supporting devices may not work well with AX mode enabled. I saw this similar issue with Chrome books not connecting at all to Orbi AX earlier this year I believe. Someone posted that disabling the AX mode helped them get the books connected. So something to try. This is a trouble shooting step only to see if this helps any. OF course, turn AX mode back on afterwards.

Orbi AX only provides the platform for devices to connect too. If some don't usually this is a device mfr issue that has to be fixed, usually by them just updating there wifi drivers with in there FW on these books. I don't have one of these books so I don't have on hands experience with them. However using other devices over the years and seeing similar issues with different devices and with new wifi modes that come out every so often, same game has to be played every time new tech comes out. Theres always something that doesn't work right with the new tech. Again, this has to be addressed with the Mfr of these devices. NG can only do so much as they design and develop the wifi platform to same required specs as everyone else uses. It's just that some Mfrs may not keep there items as up to date as they should. So for support, we can do some things to help with work arounds and if these don't work, then the mfr should be contacted to let them know that there devices are having problems with new tech. Knowing that all your other devices work with Orbi AX, and only the books don't, all points to Google needing to review there items for these problems.

Message 6 of 13
lw187
Guide

Ty for your tips. Fwiw these are wifi6 devices
Message 7 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Would need to see how they operate with out AX mode. 

Also try the CTS set to 2347 as well. Something NG has changed and seems to feel that 64 is optimal for Orbi AX which differs from the historical value of 2347. I've bveen using the new value and haven't seen mush issue with it. Been working with NG on some NEST problems which is progressing. 

Message 8 of 13
lw187
Guide

I believe I am on 2347. Maybe I should go back to 64?
Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Try it. You can always revert back...

Another test to try, just a quick on, disable WPA security on the RBR. Connect the Books to the open signal. Check operation. Re-enable WPA2 and AES after testing. 

Are the Books WPA3 supporting at all? 

Message 10 of 13
lw187
Guide

Ty for those tips will circle back
Message 11 of 13
lw187
Guide

Do you have a personal opinion? 64 vs 2347?
Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Settings these is for trouble shooting only. 

I've been using 64 as a default test measure for NEST controller operation. NG I presume feels that 64 should work for most every device connected. So I'm trying to test mine using default settings. I have tried 2347 before and so no real differences. 

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7