Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect Orbi AX6000 WiFi Mesh System (RBK853) and satellites through a switch

jdm6
Follower

Connect Orbi AX6000 WiFi Mesh System (RBK853) and satellites through a switch

Hello, I am looking to purchase Orbi AX6000 WiFi Mesh System (RBK853), but I have a question about the connecting of the devices before purchasing.

I would like to wire everything together using my ISP router, switch, the main Orbi as an access point, and two satellites.

I am wondering if it is possible to run a wire from my ISP router to a switch, than connect the main Orbi access point to the switch, and connect the other two Orbi satellites to the switch? All devices will be using the same switch.

I am a little confused about this configuration because some sources on the internet says this is not possible, while others say it can be done. Some sources are saying that the satellites must be connected directly to the Orbi router(AP mode). However, I need everything to connect through a switch.

This would be the best configuration due to the wiring of my house.

Thank you

This is what I am hoping for.This is what I am hoping for.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connect Orbi AX6000 WiFi Mesh System (RBK853) and satellites through a switch

You can connect the RBR to the switch in AP Mode howver the RBS needs to be connected behind the RBR via ethernet if you connect them in that configuration:

https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7