Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected, Online, with Infinite Page Load Times? Netgear Orbi CBR750 Cable Modem w/ Spectrum

Hoopladoodle
Tutor

Connected, Online, with Infinite Page Load Times? Netgear Orbi CBR750 Cable Modem w/ Spectrum

Hi all,

I’ve been back and forth with Netgear CS and Spectrum for the last couple weeks to figure out why the Orbi WiFi 6 model CBR750 (‎CBK752-100NAS) I purchased to replace the Spectrum provided solutions has been seemingly “phantom” breaking nearly every day. In short, despite numerous Netgear calls and Spectrum technician appointments resulting in good signals and even new coaxial cables, it has been going “offline” despite our combined efforts. Currently the third time it has been re-provisioned on the latest firmware.

What keeps happening is that while most of the day the Orbi cable modem works very well, when the problem arises, neither the Orbi status lights nor the ring light at the bottom indicate anything wrong. Checking the router settings page from wired or wireless computers indicates a good cable connection with no issues. The most frustrating part is that it does not resolve itself unless manually rebooted by reseating the power cable or rebooted from the Orbi app within the network. Even with Anywhere Connect, when it goes “offline” the app cannot even find the Orbi so I'm powerless to reboot it unless I am within the network.

The only thing that I have to show for this are cable modem’s event logs that don’t always coincide with the internet outages. Errors such as loss of sync, CM-STATUS event type code 5, T3 timeouts, and every now and then the following two: “mismatch between calculated value for P1.6hi compared to CCAP provided value” and “commanded power in excess of 6dB below the value corresponding to the top of the DRW.”

Has anyone heard of something similar? For the time being I’ll be picking up a Spectrum router to compare with as I believe it’s a problem with the Orbi rather than the ISP given how extensively they’ve redone the cabling and checked everything up to the Orbi.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connected, Online, with Infinite Page Load Times? Netgear Orbi CBR750 Cable Modem w/ Spectrum

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi With Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi with cable modem and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
Hoopladoodle
Tutor

Re: Connected, Online, with Infinite Page Load Times? Netgear Orbi CBR750 Cable Modem w/ Spectrum

Appreciate it, thank you! Was wondering why I couldn't find the model in the post/message fields haha

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I tend to use this listing for whats avaialable in NG commmunity forums:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7