Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection issues: Orbi RBK753 + Telekom Fiber Modem (Huawei EchoLife HG8010U ONT)

Andrew-Berlin
Aspirant

Connection issues: Orbi RBK753 + Telekom Fiber Modem (Huawei EchoLife HG8010U ONT)

Hi everyone, 

I'm hoping for some support on my new Orbi Mesh system. 

I have a new Telekom Germany connection. Confirmed with the Fiber Tech team it is reset and functioning on my account data. They see the connection as active to the modem. I see the modem as active too - solid white light.

My Orbi system is fully configured with router + 2 Satellites. These can communicate, but router does not get any DNS / IP data from Modem.

Internet connection is configured with username and password over PPPoE. With login in this format:

VLAN Tag for Internet has been changed from 10 to 7.

My understanding is that I should see a successful connection, with an IP address assigned via Modem to the router (and satellites). I see the Connection data as empty, 0.0.0.0, and no DNS server. 

Telekom assure me everything looks correct on their end. 

Can anyone think of what else I might be missing?

Thanks in advance 

Andrew

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connection issues: Orbi RBK753 + Telekom Fiber Modem (Huawei EchoLife HG8010U ONT)

Have the ISP configure the ONT for the PPPoE account connection then leave the RBR with DHCP configuration on it's Internet side. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 4
Andrew-Berlin
Aspirant

Re: Connection issues: Orbi RBK753 + Telekom Fiber Modem (Huawei EchoLife HG8010U ONT)

Hi, and thanks for your reply.

Firmware is fully up to date. V4.6.14.3_2.3.12 on router and both sats.

Cable is new cat6 although Orbi ships with cat5e

Telekom Germany requires login via PPPoE, login and password, so there is no way to just let DHCP do its thing.

bringing full setup down and back up also does no good unfortunately......

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact the ISP and have them ensure everything is up and configured right up to the ONT. Might ask them to swap out the ONT for another to troubleshoot this. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since you updated the RBR? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7