Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Costco Orbi w/ 2 satellites RBK753S AX4200

drmallory1
Follower

Costco Orbi w/ 2 satellites RBK753S AX4200

Costco is selling this model for $399.99 with two satellites. 

https://www.costco.com/netgear---orbi-rbk753s-ax4200-wi-fi-6-mesh-router-with-two-satellite-extender...

I just bought the AX6000 Orbi model from Best Buy for $699 with only one satellite. That's a huge price difference. Would I notice a difference in performance if I return the Best Buy orbi and purchase the cheaper one from Costco?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the 8 series not working well for you?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Most differences are wifi connection rates are a bit lower on the 7 series and there isn't a 2.5Gb WAN port on the 7 series. 

Message 2 of 8
AggedwNG
Apprentice

In case you haven't noticed, LOT of issues with recent fw.. My suggestion, get the one at Costco, minimize your risk. Costco has a better return policy than Best Buy, which will count considering the gamble with the latest firmware
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Not everyone is having the same issues. If your having problems with your system then you'll need to contact NG support and open up a support ticket.

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Good Luck. 

@AggedwNG wrote:
In case you haven't noticed, LOT of issues with recent fw.. My suggestion, get the one at Costco, minimize your risk. Costco has a better return policy than Best Buy, which will count considering the gamble with the latest firmware

Message 4 of 8
AggedwNG
Apprentice

We've heard this scripted response before.. And being told that not everyone is having the same issues is a bandaid response to a bigger underlying issue. Most consumers don't know what the underlying issue actually is.. I however am aware and have been there, done that.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Then you'll need to contact NG support and let them know what your having problems with. Not everyone has the same issues and you can't know what other use do and do NOT see and experience and claim its all the same. I agree, v4 has been problematic from the start, however we DON'T assume anything here in the forums. Take each user and handle them for what THEY describe. IF we can't help them then its users resposibility to contact NG support and seek additional help and information. If nothing else works out, then return the system to place of purchase and go find something else that does. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 8
AggedwNG
Apprentice

Oh I can "claim" alright.. Matter of fact, if Netgear wants to contact me and write up a consultant contract, then let's talk. But the fix won't be that simple, especially when decisions are being made based on marketing, will it..? Stop placating the problem and deliver the feedback to Netgear.. or are they just not listening...
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support and open up a support ticket as the forums can't seem to help you out. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7