Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cross-linked Orbi accounts

Cross-linked Orbi accounts

First off, this is about an Orbi RBR750 (which this board does not accept as a Model number).

Second, this deals with both the Android and iPhone app and accessing multiple Orbi setups/systems from the same app.

This is my situation/problem.  A church I do computer work for is hosting 50+ kids to be able to do their school/zoom work via their WiFi.  So, I suggested the Orbi RBR750 that Costco sells since their bundle with 2-satellites is cheaper than most places sell with just 1-satellite.

So, I purchased it and installed/configured it via the Orbi app on my Samsung Note 10+ phone.  Everything worked great (until Verizon screwed things up but that is a different story).  I setup a Netgear account for the church administrator and they installed the Orbi app on their iPhone.  So far so good.

I decided to expand my own home network and purchased the same Orbi package, installed/configured at my home with my own existing Netgear account on the same Orbi app (I have a Nighthawk 3000 router I planned to replace since I have over 25-IoT devices plus I wanted the WiFi 6 boost). Again, everything went great and seems to be working - until today.

Today was a nightmare at the church since Verizon/Fios kept dying/loosing internet plus the church realized their speed was only 80Mbps when it was supposed to be 200Mpbs to handle the additional load of kids and their chromebooks/laptops. This last part is important since shortly after Verizon fixed their speed screwup, the Orbi kept dropping/disconnecting - even after I rebooted it.

So the church calls Netgear support who tells them to perform a factory reset on the Orbi - which seems to have stabilized the connection problem (sounds like firmware problem, to me).  However, when I went onsite to reconfigure things like the WiFi name, I can't access it via the Orbi app.  But more importantly, when I use the Orbi app on the church administrators iPhone, it is seeing MY HOME Orbi network, NOT the Churches Orbi!

To make matters worse, the iPhone app doesn't have an option to LOGOUT of their Netgear Account like the Android app does.

So, how do I unlink the two Orbi systems and stop the church from accessing my home Orbi system and why doesn't the i*** app have a way to logout?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cross-linked Orbi accounts

Please post about this in the Orbi app forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

There is a logout function on the Orbi apps menu if you select the home icon upper left corner this will take you to the menu listing of the app. LOGOUT is at the bottom of this menu page. 

Good Luck.

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

Message 2 of 4

On the Android app - yes it is there.  But not on the iPhone app.  The church person looked at it herself and we held both phones side-by-side and there wasn't a LOGOUT option on her iPhone.  I told her to simply uninstall it until I could get some help from Netgear.  Either way, the main problem is, as the title says, cross-linked accounts.  Why does her iPhone app show MY HOME Orbi. I don't seem to be the first person with this issue.  When I search the communities, there are other folks asking about removing old devices from their accounts and the last answer was that Netgear was working on it - but I never saw a final resolution.....

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I just checked mine on my iphone 6sP and LOGOUT was seen at the bottom. 

Besure there using the latest version of the app. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7