Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Deregister RBK852 system

Deregister RBK852 system

I've just purchased a used RBK852 system from eBay UK from a reseller. Everything seems to be working fine, but, when going into the 'Security' section in the Orbi app, I get the message that 'Your router is register to ... we*****@hotmail.com', and to 'login using this account'.

I've emailed Netgear Support (admittedly only yesterday) asking for the device to be 'deregistered', but haven't received a response yet.

Is there an official way to deregister an Orbi in these circumstances? As the device was purchased from a reseller, I don't think that contacting the previous owner is an option.

The Orbi is up to date on firmware 4.6.3.9

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions

The way to reach support is going to this page
https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
Then clicking on "Get answers about NETGEAR products before I buy" then clicking on "Networking for Home" then "Chat with us". The Netgear support person was very helpful and created a support ticket for me to deregister and the whole process completed in 48 hours.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Even the prior seller would have to contact netgear support. 

And it can take a bit. Its not an instant thing. 

Message 2 of 12

Thanks for your response.

I bought the unit from an eBay reseller, who themselves acquired it from someone else, so I don't know how easy it might be to get back to the original owner ... 😞

Surely there should be a process with NG through which this can be resolved?

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact NG support or a forum moderator to help you out. 

@Blanca_O @olympos1625 

@cromagnon1999 wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I bought the unit from an eBay reseller, who themselves acquired it from someone else, so I don't know how easy it might be to get back to the original owner ... 😞

Surely there should be a process with NG through which this can be resolved?

Message 4 of 12

Many thanks. I have contacted Blanca, and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 12

It's now over a week since I emailed Netgear support on this issue. I've had no response - not even an acknowledgement of my email. Pretty poor customer service IMO.

@Blanca_O @olympos1625

Message 7 of 12
ChristineT
Admin

Hello @cromagnon1999 ,

I'm sorry to say that eBay is not an authorized reseller so you may run into issues with getting any support for this unit. In light of that, we recommend returning the unit purchsed from eBay and purchasing it again from a NETGEAR Authorized reseller. Check out this link for a list of where to buy.

Otherwise, if you haven't already done so, I recommend contacting support directly as they are the most appropriate team to assist you with this request. I believe they'll ask you to provide "proof of purchase". 

Update: I just your last update. Can you please provide your case number so I can push this along? I searched for one but didn't find anything relevant.

I hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Christine

Message 8 of 12

I have no case number. I was asked by Blanca to email customer support direct, with the serial number of the device and my Netgear account email address, which I did last week. The subject lines of my two emails were ‘Request unregister device’, and ‘Deregister RBK852 system’ sent to Customer.service@netgear.com last Wednesday and Friday.

Many thanks for your help.
Message 9 of 12

The way to reach support is going to this page
https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx
Then clicking on "Get answers about NETGEAR products before I buy" then clicking on "Networking for Home" then "Chat with us". The Netgear support person was very helpful and created a support ticket for me to deregister and the whole process completed in 48 hours.
Message 10 of 12

@codejanitor 

That's fantastic! I've just done that, and have been told it will happen within 48 hours. Very odd that you have to pretend you don't yet have a Netgear device in order to access Live Chat support on a Netgear device that you already have, but it worked for me.

Emailing the support email address has lead to no response whatsover in over a week - very poor - but 5 minutes chatting to a support rep whose job was presumably to advise on future purchases ... and it's sorted.

Case number is 45044229 @ChristineT @Blanca_O

Thanks again @codejanitor 

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Good Luck.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7