Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices not connected to satellites - RBK853 RBR850 RBS850

Allestis
Aspirant

Devices not connected to satellites - RBK853 RBR850 RBS850

Hello all

I've looked at threads discussion issues with devices not connecting to satellites however I can't match my situation to those. Firstly the config options I see for my set up don't seem to allow the experiments that have been propsed for others.

I have 'good' network connections across the router and 2 satellites, I have great speed when connected to the router, satellites are approx 50 feet / 15 meters from the router; one is line of sight, one is on a floor above; signal goes through brick and/or wood.

My firmware is up to date

I cannot get any device to connect to either satellite.

Some of my devices are wired connected to the router and then I have a collection of iPhones, iPads, Macbook, iMac, Samsung phone - none of them connect to a satellite and all of them connect to the router.

My warranty is 4 days out of so I'd really appreciate any help the forum has to offer.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Allestis
Aspirant

Re: Devices not connected to satellites - RBK853 RBR850 RBS850

Thank you very much for replying.

After adjusting down to 50% my app still showed no connected devices but a poorer signal from the router (no surprise)

The big surprise was that after bumpgin back to 100% when I looked at each satelite directly from the admin console it did report that I had connected devices.

It seems that the IOS app does not report the connected devices whereas the admin console does show them.

Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 4
Allestis
Aspirant

Thank you very much for replying.

After adjusting down to 50% my app still showed no connected devices but a poorer signal from the router (no surprise)

The big surprise was that after bumpgin back to 100% when I looked at each satelite directly from the admin console it did report that I had connected devices.

It seems that the IOS app does not report the connected devices whereas the admin console does show them.

Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation