Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices not connecting to satellite

Clfleck
Aspirant

Devices not connecting to satellite

Orbi mesh 750 with 2 satellites. No devices connect to the satellites and only to the main router. House is 3500 sq ft so I need those satellites to work. Router is up to date. Any way to get devices to start connecting without having to factory reset the whole thing and reconnect the million and one devices that use the system?
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Devices not connecting to satellite

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡
https://youtu.be/UR0viMLISz4

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 9
Clfleck
Aspirant

V4.6.5.14 update model RBR 750. The modem is a netgear CM1000V2 that I own, not leased from cable company.
The first satellite is approx 53 ft from the router. Second is another 30 ft or so past it.
How do I find that setting to change the percentage from 100 to 50? Is it on the orbi app or do I have to log on to a desktop version? Can’t find that setting in the app.
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings using a web browser.

Message 4 of 9
Clfleck
Aspirant

I can’t seem to get into the orbilogin page. I’m on the network and it won’t get past asking for the username/password. It will take me to a page to change my admin user/password. I tried that. Still no go. Tried a different browser. Nope. Can’t passed the log in to get to the screen to change settings. Don’t know what to do.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like your system was caught up in the auto update debacle. You can wait for NG to do something, contact NG support and ask for there help or do a factory reset and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser connected to the RBR to re-gain more immediate access. 

Message 6 of 9
Clfleck
Aspirant

How in the heck do you contact NG? There is no customer service phone number I can find and I’m out of warranty for phone support. It keeps driving me to this forum. I’m about to pull my hair out. Anyone got a contact phone number???
Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@Clfleck wrote:
How in the heck do you contact NG? There is no customer service phone number I can find and I’m out of warranty for phone support. It keeps driving me to this forum. I’m about to pull my hair out. Anyone got a contact phone number???

The short answer is, "You Can't Contact Netgear."

Bummer.

You can contact GearHead, a company affiliated with (or owned by?) Netgear that will charge you to provide support:

http://gearhead.netgear.com/ 

Many of us came to the community forum in hopes that we could avoid paying for help.  In my case, my questions were answered by some very helpful volunteers and I have participated in the forum ever since out of gratitude.

Message 8 of 9
Clfleck
Aspirant

I’d gladly pay for someone’s expert help. My time is valuable to me and I have spent hours trying to figure it out with no resolve.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7