Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Disabling Parental Controls on RBR850 From Web Interface

fsaurmann
Tutor

Disabling Parental Controls on RBR850 From Web Interface

I'm looking for the parental controls settings in the web interface of the RBR850. It was enabled from the app, but I think it might be causing some problems with my server. I would like to disable it, but it's unclear how to do it in the app and I'm not locating it in the web interface.

RBR850, Firmware 4.6.3.9

Message 1 of 6
raven_au
Virtuoso

@fsaurmann wrote:

I'm looking for the parental controls settings in the web interface of the RBR850. It was enabled from the app, but I think it might be causing some problems with my server. I would like to disable it, but it's unclear how to do it in the app and I'm not locating it in the web interface.

RBR850, Firmware 4.6.3.9

There is no entry in the Web UI for this.

It must be done from the app.

I haven't disabled them myself but I think what you need to do in the app is go to:

"home(top left corner)->Settings->Parental Control" and toogle the "Enable Smart Parental Controls" slider.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Circle and Parental Controls product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Circle and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Smart-Home-Parental/bd-p/en-home-smart-parental-controls
https://www.netgear.com/home/services/smart-parental-controls/

Good Luck

@fsaurmann wrote:

RBR850, Firmware 4.6.3.9

Message 3 of 6
fsaurmann
Tutor

I figured I would share what I ended up doing here.

Essentially, I reset the router back to factory. When I would go into the app, I could not disable the parental controls from the settings panel. I'm not really sure what caused the lockup but it is fixed though in a round-about way.

Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Was the Orbi app not showing the parental controls or the disable button? 

Can you capture a screen shot of this and post it? Please use the Choose File button to attach it to your post. 

Message 5 of 6
fsaurmann
Tutor

I unfortunately did not take a screen cap of what the app was doing when attempting to disable.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7