Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Disabling auto firmware updates on the 960

Tajee
Aspirant

Disabling auto firmware updates on the 960

Is there a way to disable the automatic firmware updates on the 960?
Message 1 of 3
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Re: Disabling auto firmware updates on the 960

The newest version of the firmware (that was uploaded this weekend to the Netgear Download Page) -  has the option to disable the Auto Update Feature.   Of course, you have to update to this version to get this option.

Here is a link to the download page https://www.netgear.com/support/download/?model=RBRE960&_ga=2.108138370.1645579193.1659894016-766875... 

This did not show up on my "Firmware Update Check" -   so it has not yet been set up for auto-push.  You will need to update manually to this version if you want to have it.

It is recommended that you update satellites first, then the router.    Additionally, it is recommended that you update each satellite by logging into the satellite's admin page (access it by the IP address) and update firmware from there, then after satellites are updated, go to the router's Admin Page  and do a manual update from there as well.

Message 2 of 3
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Re: Disabling auto firmware updates on the 960

I forgot to mention in my previous post WHERE to find the setting to disable the Auto Update in the new firmware.

You need to go to the Router's Admin Page,  Advanced Tab, Administration,  Firmware Update, then click on the MANUAL tab on that page, and you will find the setting there  (the same place you use to manually update the firmware on the router).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7