Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Orbi Wifi 6 support DFS?

Kyne
Apprentice

Does Orbi Wifi 6 support DFS?

...and if not, is there a plan to include DFS channels (US) ?

Thx

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does Orbi Wifi 6 support DFS?

Not currently. NG doesn't make it known if or when new features are forth coming. I presume since Orbi AC doesn't have DFS features, Orbi AX will probably follow suit. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Not currently. NG doesn't make it known if or when new features are forth coming. I presume since Orbi AC doesn't have DFS features, Orbi AX will probably follow suit. 

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Orbi and Orbi AX does make use of the DFS channels for the wireless backhaul operating on a high channel set, while the front haul is indeed using the non-DFS range. Operating front and backhaul to near together (both on a neighboring 80 MHz block) does not make much sense for interference reasons.

Message 3 of 5
Kyne
Apprentice

Makes sense - but in an environment where I use 100% wired backhaul, I would not use Orbi's wireless (DFS, high channel) backhaul, and thus would want to be able to utilize DFS user facing...

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Kyne wrote:

in an environment where I use 100% wired backhaul, I would not use Orbi's wireless (DFS, high channel) backhaul, and thus would want to be able to utilize DFS user facing...

Well, in that wired backhaul-only set-up you might want to use both 5 GHz radios for the fronthaul. This was requested on Orbi and Orbi Pro - it was not considered to be added to Orni, so it's not there on Orbi AX either. On Orbi Pro both 5 GHz radios (the low and the high band one split to lower and higher channels to avoid interferences) are both configureable. You might want to search the Idea Exchange for Home thread, convinced there are already similar ideas filed for Orbi, which should be applied to Orbi AX, too.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7