Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does anyone with the problem have any ports opened thru the firewall?

tg360a
Aspirant

Does anyone with the problem have any ports opened thru the firewall?

Does anyone with the problem have any ports opened thru the firewall? If I hit port 80 it is showing up one my security cameras that I don't even have the port opened up for. 

This is such as cluster

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does anyone with the problem have any ports opened thru the firewall?

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What brand model cameras are you using? 

What do you mean by hitting the port 80? 

Check with the cameras Mfr for help and support on there product and how they are connected and what cameras maybe doing when connected. 

Message 2 of 9
tg360a
Aspirant

I have numerous ports forwarded. The reason why I tried logging into the 192.168.1.1 to get the connection refused message because my port 80 that is being forward to the wrong resource. Instead of going to my web server on my internal network. Port 80 is now going to a web cam that I never have forwarded before.  I can't check the configuration because of the connection refused. I see a lot with this issue but curious if anyone had the port mix up as well. interestingly enough my port 81 and several others are correct still. 

Message 3 of 9
tg360a
Aspirant

Also, I could of swore I was responding to a thread on the connection refused topic. 

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. There's been a bad rash of users having problems after there systems were auto updated this past weekend. 
Only way to get in and correct the problem on the Orbi system is to turn OFF the RBS, Factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser at HTTP and 192.168.1.1 and walk thru the setup wizard. Do not use Orbi app. 

Message 5 of 9
tg360a
Aspirant

Ok, I didn't see anybody mentioning it so I was curious if that was a symptom of this update. 

So I unplugged the camera and port problem resolved. I changed the ip of the camera and issue came back. I changed the port for the camera and all works good now. Since I don't have any immediate needs to change my configuration I am going to give it some time and hope Netgear releases a fix without a factory reset. I did a lot of configs without backing up my settings and few who use my vpn and would have to send new certs to them etc. 

Thanks for the response. 

Message 6 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@tg360a wrote:

Does anyone with the problem have any ports opened thru the firewall? If I hit port 80 it is showing up one my security cameras that I don't even have the port opened up for. 

To confirm, you do not have port 80 forwarded in your Orbi - Right?

Do you have UPnP turned on?  It can auto-forward ports.  Check the admin website / Advanced tab / Advanced / UPnP page to see if anything is listed in the "UPnP Portmap Table".

Message 7 of 9
tg360a
Aspirant

I had my web server port forwarded over 80. My web cam that wasn't even port forwarded showing up over port 80. Adjusting the camera to port 100 allowed my web server to come back. This update caused havoc. 

Message 8 of 9
tg360a
Aspirant

Also, I can't check the admin page.. Says connection refused. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7