Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does the RBR 850 work at all?

lavamat
Follower

Does the RBR 850 work at all?

Hi,
Has anyone successfully gotten the RBR/RBS 850 to work? Have had one RBR 850 and two RBS 850 now for over a year and they never worked properly. I have about 40 WiFi clients at home and at least 10 of them get disconnected every 10min and then need about the same time to reconnect. I have invested about 200h+ to try all possible settings, making changes every day, but failed to get it to work. I am now about to throw everything away, but wanted to check, if anyone had a positive experience with these products. (I am developing WiFi systems firmware professionally, so I believe I know what I am talking about).
Thank you!
Message 1 of 3

Re: Does the RBR 850 work at all?

@lavamat wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone successfully gotten the RBR/RBS 850 to work?

The RBR850 is an Orbi system. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but Orbi technology isn't the same as standard Nighthawk routers, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Does the RBR 850 work at all?

Mine been working since I got mine back in 2019. 

There maybe some settings and placement that needs to be reviewed. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@lavamat wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone successfully gotten the RBR/RBS 850 to work? Have had one RBR 850 and two RBS 850 now for over a year and they never worked properly. I have about 40 WiFi clients at home and at least 10 of them get disconnected every 10min and then need about the same time to reconnect. I have invested about 200h+ to try all possible settings, making changes every day, but failed to get it to work. I am now about to throw everything away, but wanted to check, if anyone had a positive experience with these products. (I am developing WiFi systems firmware professionally, so I believe I know what I am talking about).
Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7