Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Double charge for Orbi , $824.98 RIP OFF

maxsbuddy2005
Initiate

Double charge for Orbi , $824.98 RIP OFF

Netgear places a "reserve" (8/5) or the amount of purchase AND another charge for the purchase.  DOUBLE CHARGING!!!  The purchase has gone through but the "reserve" remains in pending.  Called  support twice,  case #43188784 and was told to wait till Monday 8/10.  Pending charge has still not dropped,  Called support again and was told by support that "only the bank can remove the pending charge".  Called my bank, who correctly infomed me that only the vendor has the ability to remove pending charges, so Netgear lied to me.  Had to file  a stop payment with the fraud department on the pending charge. Hope it works.

$824.98 RIP OFF!!!

Filing formal complaint with Washington state attorney general's office on Netgear fradulent and deceprive practices.

NEVER DOING BUSINESS WITH NETGEAR AGAIN! TELLING ALL MY VERY LARGE TECH COMPANY COLLEGUES NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH NETGEAR.

Message 1 of 4
maxsbuddy2005
Initiate

Re: Double charge for Orbi , $824.98 RIP OFF

I have filed my complaint with the Washington state attorney generals office today 8/10/2020

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 4
Mikey94025
Hero

Relax.  Your CC protects you regardless, but pending charges are not real (just authorizations) and until they become real they won't appear on your actual bill.  Hotels do this all the time, but only the final charge becomes real.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7