Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extend existing ORBI RBK853 Wifi mesh network

fanzai
Aspirant

Extend existing ORBI RBK853 Wifi mesh network

Hello,

I made a mesh network with the new RBK853 WiFi6. I need to install an additional satellite. What are the various options compatible and available?

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 8
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Re: Extend existing ORBI RBK853 Wifi mesh network

from what i seen and researched only the rbs 850 can be used wirelessly and to maintain backhual function... For a whopping $380 bucks.. you can wire connect with a prev gen rbs50 but loose backhual 

for some crazy reason ( money grab?) Netgear did not make it backwards compatible unlike others like Linksys who did make their MX10 compatible with previous nodes... I know its frustrating

Im hugely happy with my Orbo 852 but im in my return window for another 3 weeks and between no parental controls and limited expansion options... makes me want to return her

Message 2 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

Hello,

I made a mesh network with the new RBK853 WiFi6. I need to install an additional satellite. What are the various options compatible and available?

Thanks so much.

You can use RBS-50's -- but only if the satellites are hard wired back to the router.  The wireless backhaul is not compatible.

If you are able to install hard wired, they work just fine (but without the AX functionality).

Message 3 of 8
fanzai
Aspirant

Thank you for the replies.
I don’t really need AX in that zone of my house. I just need a stable signal when i am in those rooms. That’s why i was asking for a compatible solution (also cheaper than AX6000 satellite).
All my satellite are wired with the router: could you please link me the product you are talking about? Thank you
Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You can try a EAX80 and see if this will connect for you. They are about $250. I know my EX7500 and 7700s do but those are AC extenders.
Message 5 of 8
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Then go the wire route. Other than that it’s going to have to be spending 400
Message 6 of 8
fanzai
Aspirant

So also Netgear Nighthawk EAX20 WiFi6 should be fine. Right? I will always have an only SSID mesh network?
Thank you
Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation