Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: False Parental control advertising

NGfalsead
Tutor

False Parental control advertising

NG is clearly involved in false advertising than I intend to be very vocal about. For one they don’t have parental control be competition. Fine they partner with Circle. But for thei higher end device (WiFi 6) then don’t even enable that. Consumer is not informed about that either. Infact so many places they set expectations of parental control being enabled. Please don’t say crappy access control = parental control

Shame. Buyers beware
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi NGfalsead, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

The Circle Smart Parental Controls feature is slowly being rolled out to the new models. However, we do not have visibility on firmware and feature updates as well as any ETA. We will take note of your feedback and have it forwarded to the team.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

I dont' see any advertising of Circle on the Orbi AX web site. 

@NGfalsead wrote:
NG is clearly involved in false advertising than I intend to be very vocal about. For one they don’t have parental control be competition. Fine they partner with Circle. But for thei higher end device (WiFi 6) then don’t even enable that. Consumer is not informed about that either. Infact so many places they set expectations of parental control being enabled. Please don’t say crappy access control = parental control

Shame. Buyers beware

Message 3 of 7
idontcare67
Tutor

You should check out this page: https://www.netgear.com/landings/circle/ under 'Supported Routers'.

It clearly identifies Orbi mesh routers as supporting this functionality. Nothing on this page or the linked page calls out that this is limited to certain Orbi models. The pages are misleading the reader to believe that all Orbi routers are supported,

This is clearly false advertising, especially without an ETA.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Though it says Orbi routers, is also doesn't specify which ones. Though I would agree, they should specify. 

The forum moderator has posted about this. So users will have to wait and be patient. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 7
NGfalsead
Tutor

Due to this dubious nature of NG, I was very happy to return the ORBI back. I bought Google NESt WiFi. It was cheaper, great performance and has fantastic parental controls that too without paying a third party for it.

Asking consumers to sit and wait as a support response is equally negligent on part of Netgear.
Message 6 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

This is a community forum where users try to help each other with their equipment.

There are no netgear reps here -- just consumers who enjoy the product and helping each other.

Recommend you take your complaints to corporate HQs.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7