Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware update - 3.2.16.6

donawalt
Virtuoso

Firmware update - 3.2.16.6

My router just updated to 3.2.16.6, there doesn't appear to be any documentation yet on what's changed. Does anyone have access to that information? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
AwesomeQA
Apprentice

This version doesn't show the devices and sats.

I hope it is stable though.

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 5.01.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-15 at 4.59.01 PM.png

Message 2 of 12
donawalt
Virtuoso

@AwesomeQA  what do you mean it dosn't show devices and stats? I can't see your to images, they show as yellow triangles. If you are talking about the "Attached Devices" page, I see them all there listed as before.

Message 3 of 12
AwesomeQA
Apprentice

Yes, attached devices don’t show for me.
I did hard reset for RBR850 and sats.
Message 4 of 12
Chuck_M
Mentor

Works Fine so far for me... RBR850, RBS850 and 2 x RBS50s.

Message 5 of 12
Chuck_M
Mentor

[Enhancements] Supports enabling or disabling the wireless 11AX mode on 2G or 5G separately.
[Enhancements] Includes some security enhancements.
[Enhancements] Supports the IGMP over the PPPoE WAN connection.
[Enhancements] Supports the profile configuration to set up the ISP's VLAN/IPTV settings during installation. The following are the limited ISPs that are supported currently: France Orange;Singapore SingTel;Malaysia Unifi, Maxis.
[Bug Fixes] Fixes some GUI related issues.

Message 6 of 12
AwesomeQA
Apprentice

I found the bug.
I did reset it again, it showed the devices.
Once I changed the device names they all disappeared in the web admin, they still show in the Orbi app.
Message 7 of 12
Chuck_M
Mentor

@AwesomeQA 

Do you the you would like to explain "The Bug" you found or just have people guess as to what it was?

@AwesomeQA wrote:
I found the bug.
I did reset it again, it showed the devices.
Once I changed the device names they all disappeared in the web admin, they still show in the Orbi app.

Message 8 of 12
Edwardlotz
Guide

Release notes below but see my issue if someone has an idea of how to fix.

My firmware is v3,2,15,32. In firmware update page it show the ability of this new firmware but update all is greyed out and I can not upgrade to this new firmware. Also the satellite firmware doesn’t show correctly and it says service unreachable. I have been having to manually update both the router and satellite sine the firmwares software auto Update will not work anymore. Any suggestions.

However it does show the change log for the new firmware:

Release Notes:
[Enhancements] Supports enabling or disabling the wireless 11AX mode on 2G or 5G separately.
[Enhancements] Supports the profile configuration to set up the ISP's VLAN/IPTV settings during installation. The following are the limited ISPs that are supported currently: France Orange;Singapore SingTel;Malaysia Unifi, Maxis.

An
Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please respond here to your post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Firmware-will-not-update-on-router-and-satellite-says-servi...

@Edwardlotz wrote:
Release notes below but see my issue if someone has an idea of how to fix.

My firmware is v3,2,15,32. In firmware update page it show the ability of this new firmware but update all is greyed out and I can not upgrade to this new firmware. Also the satellite firmware doesn’t show correctly and it says service unreachable. I have been having to manually update both the router and satellite sine the firmwares software auto Update will not work anymore. Any suggestions.

However it does show the change log for the new firmware:

Release Notes:

An

Message 10 of 12
Gmahapatra
Aspirant

I am only able to see devices under RBR750 (router) but none of devices show up under any of the two RBS750 satellites in my Orbi app (Android). My firmaware version says 3.2.16.6

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post in the Orbi app forum for Orbi app problems:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Thank you. 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos