Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Force Daisy Chain Setup (RBS850)

jogotronic
Aspirant

Force Daisy Chain Setup (RBS850)

Hi,

I have my Router on the top floor and 2 Satellites on the lower floor. The router is on one end of the house and Satellite 1 is in the middle, while Satelite 2 is on the other side of the house.  Now Satellite 2 connects to the Router across the entire house and across floors, ending up with a backhaul status of poor. This obvisouly doesn't make much sense. Is there a way to force Satellite 2 to connect to Satellite 1 (which has a good bachhaul status)?

Thanks,

Markus

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Force Daisy Chain Setup (RBS850)

No. 

they have their own internal programming that decides if daisy chaining is faster versus standard connection. 

Just because it shows up as poor, doesn't mean it'd be faster if daisy chained. especially since thats the dual band configuration and not triband. When you daisy chain dual band setups, the speeds get cut in half for every satellite in the daisy chain. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

No. 

they have their own internal programming that decides if daisy chaining is faster versus standard connection. 

Just because it shows up as poor, doesn't mean it'd be faster if daisy chained. especially since thats the dual band configuration and not triband. When you daisy chain dual band setups, the speeds get cut in half for every satellite in the daisy chain. 

Message 2 of 4
jogotronic
Aspirant

Thanks for the fast reply! Is there any way of getting more detailed info on the connection quality between a Satellite and the Router? What does bad mean and how is it affecting the connection?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Not sure on the 350 series about the connection quality. 

What you can do is test it. 

Hardwire into each satellite and test its speed. 

Like I said because of that speed drop dual band systems take, you might still have faster speeds with the direct connection than you would going daisy chained. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7