Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Galaxy S9 connects to router but no internet

kmurph
Aspirant

Galaxy S9 connects to router but no internet

We have set up the Orbi router and 1 satelite using the same name and pw as the ISP.  Devices have connected and are working as they should except one. We have 2 Samsung Galaxy S9 phones. One connected without issue the other connects to wifi but says "connected without internet".  I have deleted the network and reinstalled it, reset the wifi settings and tried again. Nothing has worked so far.   What am I missing.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Galaxy S9 connects to router but no internet

Is the ISP WiFi still active?

Message 2 of 11
kmurph
Aspirant

yes

Message 3 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

If they both have the same SSID/password, how do you know which WiFi system devices are connecting to?

Message 4 of 11
kmurph
Aspirant

They show as connected devices in the Orbi App.

Message 5 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Do you have a device with a larger screen (laptop, tablet, desktop) that can be used to access the Orbi web interface? (http://orbilogin.net)

If you bring up the Attached Devices web page, does it show (at the top) that Access Control is "on" or "off"?

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@kmurph wrote:

We have set up the Orbi router and 1 satelite using the same name and pw as the ISP.  Devices have connected and are working as they should except one. We have 2 Samsung Galaxy S9 phones. One connected without issue the other connects to wifi but says "connected without internet".  I have deleted the network and reinstalled it, reset the wifi settings and tried again. Nothing has worked so far.   What am I missing.

Thank you

Message 7 of 11
AllanSor
Tutor

I see the same behavior on my RBKE963 V6.0.3.85_3.1.15 and Samsung phones. Connected to router, SAT1 or SAT2 makes no difference.

No other WIFI networks in range. Upgraded from RBK53 to RBKE963, ISP fiber is unchanged.

1 x Samsung Galaxy S10 and on 4x Samsung Galaxy S20, connects to WIFI(6) but without internet or connects to WIFI(6) but was unable to get an IP adress. Switching WIFI off and then on again, maybe twice or force a reconnect on the phone resolves the problem.

On other WIFI(6) capable tablets and laptops there is no issues, all works.

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Look on the Basic tab/Wireless settings, uncheck AX mode on 2.4 and 5G and apply the seeing. 

What is CTS currently set for Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings? If 64, try 500 or 2347. 

What is the security set for on the RBR? Mixed WPA2 and WPA3? If so, try WPA2 and AES only? 

Wondering inf the Samsung devices have wifi problems with the newer WIFI signals on the 9 series. 

Message 9 of 11
AllanSor
Tutor

Unchecking AX features for both bands solves the problem, but not a solution. Makes my upgrade from AC3000 to AX6000 kind of worthless on the WIFI side Smiley Frustrated 

Did try to change CTS from default 64 to 500 and max. Made no change to the periodic Samsung Galaxy no ip / no internet problem. Setting CTS to max, killed almost all  WIFI bandwidth, timeout in browsers and loooong response times on everything.

As for security there is no option WPA2 / AES only, can chose between "WPA2-PSK [AES] + WPA3-Personal [SAE]" or "WPA3-Personal [SAE]"

The same trouble is also confirmed on a RBK753 system, this time on 3 x Samsung Galaxy S21 with periodic "no ip or no internet connection" 

They turned off WIFI on their phones as a fix Robot Happy just got confirmation that it also works there when unchecking AX features.

Have not noticed trouble when connecting my S20 to other AX WIFI, think i will invite myself to visit a friend with other make AX set and test Smiley LOL Have no idea if this is Orbi or Samsung AX trouble, but the combination is not good.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Something you'll need to contact both NG and Samsung about. Seems like Samsung devices are not able to handle the wifi signal with AX mode enabled. Not the first time we've seen this. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7