Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Access to Attached Devices

rickerr63
Aspirant

Guest Access to Attached Devices

I have a guest network because I have some devices that cant support WPA3.  Any way I can set up to use WPA3 on the main network and WPA2 on the Guest network so that Guest can access wired network devices, such as printer etc?

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Guest Access to Attached Devices

What model Orbi do you have? 
I believe Orbi AC series does not have WPA3 support at all.

Orbi 3/7/8 series systems have WPA3 support however don't offer mixed WPA2/3 support. We hope in the future NG will support this as the new Orbi 9 series does support mixed WPA2/3 support. 

Message 2 of 3
rickerr63
Aspirant

Re: Guest Access to Attached Devices

Thanks.  I have the RBR750 Mesh Router with 2 satellites (it's not in the dropdown list on this forum for some reason).  All work perfectly with WPA3 enabled and I have WPA2 on the guest network to allow some devices that dont support WPA3 to connect.   I wanted to give the guests access to my printer for example which is hard wired to the main router.  I also want them to be able to see NAS drives on the loca network.

I could go back to WPA2 on the main network so that all can connect but wanted to use WPA3 if I can for increased security.

There was some discussion about options to allow guest to see each other and access LAN devices but I cant see those options in my Guest Network setup.

Cheers,

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7