Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Guest Network is slow

bdsmith63
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Im wondering if the newer beta FW has the same problem as well or not? 

I'd be interested to know that too, I did message the two moderators, but haven't heard anything back asking about the beta FW...

@bdsmith63 wrote:

As an update to this thread, I contacted Netgear support this morning and opened a case regarding the issues with the guest network running on firmware 3.2.18.1 on my RBR753/RBS753 system.

After going through all the troubleshooting steps, we reverted back to firmware 3.2.17.12 for the router and satellites.  I have been testing devices for over 3 hours now with no hiccups.  Support said to report back in 24-48 hours and they will escalate my case regarding the issue with the latest firmware.

Message 26 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

I updated the case this morning with Netgear that I have continued to have NO issues testing the guest network on the previous firmware.  It's been well over 48 hours since I submitted the case and feel sufficient testing has occurred in order for Netgear to escalate the issue with their technicians.

Message 27 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, thank you for updating this. Hopefully this will get into NG for review.

@Christian_R 

@bdsmith63 wrote:

I updated the case this morning with Netgear that I have continued to have NO issues testing the guest network on the previous firmware.  It's been well over 48 hours since I submitted the case and feel sufficient testing has occurred in order for Netgear to escalate the issue with their technicians.

Message 28 of 56
mbarylski
Guide

Yes, thank you! Really appreciate all the updates and helping push this forward. Really hope they apply a fix to all the routers that are having this issue. Are they aware that it's multiple Orbi's that are affected? I'm using the "RBR850 — Orbi WiFi 6 Router AX6000 / RBR850". I'd imagine they all use very similar firmware, but there may also be slight differences as well.

Message 29 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Have only seen a couple of users post about this. We don't get detailed information like what all users have seen this from support. I presume may see this or some may not depeneding upon if they use GN. I don't here. 

All is same FW per each model Orbi. So could be a problem for all or only some specific effected users. Something NG will have to review. 

Message 30 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

@mbarylski wrote:

Yes, thank you! Really appreciate all the updates and helping push this forward. Really hope they apply a fix to all the routers that are having this issue. Are they aware that it's multiple Orbi's that are affected? I'm using the "RBR850 — Orbi WiFi 6 Router AX6000 / RBR850". I'd imagine they all use very similar firmware, but there may also be slight differences as well.

I did report to NG that my previous system (RBR50/RBS50) had the same issues after I updated it to the latest firmware about 2 months or so ago.  I told them that other users have reported similar issues with their Orbi systems as well, so it's likely a problem with the latest firmware on all them, but again like FURRYe38 said it may or may not be affecting certain systems....

Message 31 of 56
mbarylski
Guide

@bdsmith63 Awesome, thanks! Really appreciate you pushing Netgear to fix the issue. 

Message 32 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG your self as well to let them know what your seeing. Contact a forum moderator for doing this.

@Blanca_O 

@Christian_R 

@mbarylski wrote:

@bdsmith63 Awesome, thanks! Really appreciate you pushing Netgear to fix the issue. 

Message 33 of 56
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @bdsmith63

Your case is being attended to by the team. I sent you a private message requesting for more information. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 34 of 56
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @mbarylski

If you are willing to work with support on the issue please let me know and I will PM you requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 35 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

thank you Blanca, I have responded to your private messages....

Message 36 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

I have GN setup on my 8 series system. Haven't seen anything as of yet. Will keep monitoring...

Using manual channel 1 and 40. 

25% power output.

Traffic Meter enabled and set to No Limit.

Message 37 of 56
mbarylski
Guide

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi @mbarylski

If you are willing to work with support on the issue please let me know and I will PM you requesting for more information.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Hi, yes, definitely! Happy to provide any information you need and test a different firmware version.

Message 38 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

Thanks Blanca! Glad to help!
Message 39 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

@mbarylski and @bdsmith63 

I would definately ask about the beta thats availale and test on your systems. Mines loaded with it currently. 

Message 40 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@mbarylski and @bdsmith63 

I would definately ask about the beta thats availale and test on your systems. Mines loaded with it currently. 

I will certainly do that, I believe Blanca asked if I'd be willing to do some testing with firmware, I assume it'd be the beta and hopefully no hiccups with it....have you been able to use Traffic Meter with it?  I find it interesting to glance at now and then, but not necessary on a daily basis.

Message 41 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, TM is enabled...and ya, don't look at it on a daily but seems to be working...

Message 42 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

Update:  Netgear contacted me today by telephone.  We've setup a support call on Saturday (7/17).  They will gather the necessary information on the previous firmware version that I downgraded to and is stable, and then also have me capture data on the latest firmware that seems to have the issues with the guest network.  So I'm glad they're going to work with me to troubleshoot and hopefully get this corrected on all firmware versions with these issues.  I will be making them fully aware of this since I had the same issues on my previous system.

Message 43 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok keep us posted. 

Not seeing anything while using beta FW that was offered. 

Hope they can help you figure this one out.

Message 44 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

Hello!  As an update with Netgear Support, I had a call from the support technician I have been working with for several days.  She called me this past Sunday (07/25) to let me know that everything I had submitted and uploaded from the testing was being escalated to their team of engineers.

She said I may or may not hear anything back right away, but they would be working through the logs and files that were sent through my testing.  So hopefully we'll see some updates soon!

Message 45 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you for the update. Good to hear they know about it. Hopefully will get it fixed in next FW update. 

Message 46 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

Just an update, haven't heard a thing from Netgear since they worked with me in July with support files, etc.  I inquired on my case and have not had a response.  My trial support period ends in a few weeks and I would like to get a response from them?  We've not had a FW update with any resolution?

Message 47 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

Make contact with NG support. 

Message 48 of 56
mbarylski
Guide

Thanks for the update. It would be really nice to hear from them AND get a firmware update. If your case is still open they SHOULD keep it open until the firmware is released. I hope you're able to get a hold of them to confirm that they can keep it open until the firmware with fix is released.

Message 49 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

You're welcome!  I will keep in touch and continue to follow with NG support.  Any updates, I'll gladly share!

Message 50 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 55 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7