Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Guest Network is slow

kal7
Aspirant

I have a similar issue as well on my orbi AX6000. Model: RBR850. I tried to rollback as suggested. I don't see "yes" after uploading the file in manual firmware update.

Any updates on the issue are appreciated. Thanks!

Message 51 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK750-Series-Firmware-Update-v4-6-3-7/m-p/2131307/highligh...

@kal7 wrote:

I have a similar issue as well on my orbi AX6000. Model: RBR850. I tried to rollback as suggested. I don't see "yes" after uploading the file in manual firmware update.

Any updates on the issue are appreciated. Thanks!

Message 52 of 56
AF007
Aspirant

I have the same issues with my  RBR850 + 2 x RBS850. I have had this issue for a long time with different versions of Netgear  firmware. I don't see how this can be related in any forms to the modem or internet provider when I get flawless connection on the regular SSID but a lot of dropped packets on the Guest SSID which makes it very slow to the point of being useless. I have tried different devices, at different distances and disconnected all other devices expect for the test one and always had the same result; Guest SSID intermittently stops working, and when it works it’s very slow.

It's very disappointing to see how a very expensive mesh network setup like this can't handle basic tasks like a Guest SSID properly even after a bunch of firmware updates 😞

I don't recommend Netgear mesh networking to anyone anymore! Cheaper alternatives provide similar and in some cases better experience. 

Message 53 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

Good Morning Folks!  After an extensive amount of time helping Netgear support with testing my guest network, the beta version they sent me seemed to run without any issues -- the latest firmware release I thought fixed the guest network issues.  My son was over a week ago, was using his iPhone on my guest network, he was still experiencing intermittent issues browsing various websites that I didn't have any trouble with on my regular SSID.  I ended up buying 1 year of support with Netgear.  It was in July and over the past few months that I worked with support.  At this stage I am very frustrated with Netgear -- such an expensive setup and they can't seem to fix a simple issue that wasn't broken before?

Message 54 of 56
FURRYe38
Guru

What version of FW worked for Guest Network for you? 

@bdsmith63 wrote:

Good Morning Folks!  After an extensive amount of time helping Netgear support with testing my guest network, the beta version they sent me seemed to run without any issues -- the latest firmware release I thought fixed the guest network issues.  My son was over a week ago, was using his iPhone on my guest network, he was still experiencing intermittent issues browsing various websites that I didn't have any trouble with on my regular SSID.  I ended up buying 1 year of support with Netgear.  It was in July and over the past few months that I worked with support.  At this stage I am very frustrated with Netgear -- such an expensive setup and they can't seem to fix a simple issue that wasn't broken before?

Message 55 of 56
bdsmith63
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What version of FW worked for Guest Network for you? 

The last firmware version that I recall working fine for the guest network was 3.2.18.1 or 3.2.17.12.

I thought the beta that support sent me was working well, and it was whenever I tested any website, except it always seemed when my son would be over and use it, he'd encounter an issue with a particular website not functioning properly, I tried to replicate it on my device and couldn't.

I guess at this juncture, I'm just going to have to turn off the guest network and just let guests use my regular network as it's been very frustrating trying to get this issue resolved since July with support.

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 55 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7