Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Network on RBK 750 and 850

TomEUS
Aspirant

Guest Network on RBK 750 and 850

Hi everyone, 

I managed few AirBNB homes. They have Orbi RBK753 (3x) and Orbi RBK 853 (1x) installed.

I have been able to avoid the latest connevicity issues (I am guessing pure luck) but ALL of the systems have issues with the WiFi Guest network. I was troubleshooting wiht one of the 753 systems this weekend and:

1) Cleared all the setting (rest) and done all the setup manually again (no restore)

2) Both satellites are connected with wireless backhaul and are about 35 (Sat1) and 39 (Sat2) from the router, which is in the middle

3) Regular wifi works fine - no issues with dropped connections

4) Firmware in all setups is:

Firmware Version V4.6.3.16_2.0.51
GUI Language Version V3.0.1.2_2.1.30.3

5) When device connect to the Wifi Guest Network they work fine. However after a random period of time, ranging anywhere from 1 minute to about 20 minutes they loose internet connetivity. They stay connected to the Wifi and I can ping the router. They keep their assigned guest IP 192.168.2.XXX.

6) Interestingly there might be other devices on guest wifi connected to the same satellite that keep working just fine. So it's not the backbone or ISP connectivity issue. The guest wifi just stops providing internet to that one client, others keep working. And later another client will get the issue but again others connected to the same satellite will keep working.

This happens to ALL 4 setups!

6) Sometimes disabling wifi on the client and re-enabling fixes the issue but in many cases does not. Seems random as I have tested on a Macbook, Surface laptop, Android phone and an iPhone - no clear pattern.

7) Wifi setup is using WPA2-PSK, 20/40Mhz coexistance is enabled, the rest are defaults.

I need to solve this soon as the guest can't be connecting to the main network as a workaround - there are cameras, locks and other infrastrcuture on the main. Orbi was purchased to provide great wifi coverage and it does, but it needs to work on Guest wifi as well as the people using it are just that - guests in Airbnb.

Anyone got this to work RELIABLY?

Thx!

Message 1 of 2
TomEUS
Aspirant

Re: Guest Network on RBK 750 and 850

Anyone, please? It's getting really annoying and I don;t have th ebudget to replace all the HW!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7