Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HELP!!! RBR850 Router with 2 Satellites will not reconnect after factory reset

cuthagoo
Aspirant

HELP!!! RBR850 Router with 2 Satellites will not reconnect after factory reset

I have the RBR850 Router with 2 Satellites, current FW is V4.6.3.16_2.0.51.  I got these a year ago in Oct and everything has worked perfectly with no issues at all until today.  This morning the router and both satellites were purple.  I went through the troubleshooting steps to no avail and the last step was to perform a factory reset on everything.  I did that and now I cannot get them to reconnect via the Orbi App or via orbilogin.com

When I try on the Orbi App it has me go through the process, unplug the modem, replug it in, plug in the router, wait... plug in the satellites, wait... connect to SSDI "ORBI63", I try to connect to the network on my phone and it only says "couldn't get IP address"  I go through the troubleshooting there, try reconnecting manually, turn off mobile data, etc... to no avail.  I then backed out of the Orbi App and went to orbilogin.com

On the computer (which is a work computer, but I work from home) there is a hardline connection to the router via ethernet.  I'm able to go to orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 and when I set up the router there it says it is configured, I set up the SSID to what I need and the new password.  I am unable to locate the SSID on any device in my house, not on phones, tablets, laptops, TV's, Playstation, etc...  Anything you can think of that was all connected yesterday and working swimmingly.  I am also unable to connect the satellites going this route.

The whole time both the router and satellites have been blinking white continously since the factory reset.  I have reset them multiple times between all of this as well as the modem and nothing ever changes.  I watched the tutorial video on factory resets and I'm doing everything correctly.  I have everything unplugged and disconnected before I try resetting up, but I either can't connect via the phone, or I can get a hardline but no wireless network setup.  Please help as I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here after 5+ hours and need this for work.  Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: HELP!!! RBR850 Router with 2 Satellites will not reconnect after factory reset

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

Once RBR is setup use the Sync buttons on the RBS and RBR to sync the RBS 1 at a time. Do this with the RBS in same room as RBR. 10 feet distance is good. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 17
cuthagoo
Aspirant

Re: HELP!!! RBR850 Router with 2 Satellites will not reconnect after factory reset

I walked through the setup process via the hardline like you suggested.  I set up a new SSID and password, but it can't be found on any devices.  I also have the router and the satellites all in the same room right now, maybe 6-8 feet apart, and doing sync does nothing... any ideas?

Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you contact NG support and let them know what or having problems with. 

You can open a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

@DarrenM @ChristineT 

Message 4 of 17
cuthagoo
Aspirant

The only problem with that is I only had 120 days of tech support from purchase, now to contact tech support they want me to pay for premium support?  Or is there something I'm missing in how to contact them on this?  It says my warranty is good through Oct. 21, 2021, so a little over a month left.  Thanks!

@FURRYe38, @DarrenM , @ChristineT 

Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Please send Darren and Christine a PM. 

Message 6 of 17
Hogwarts
Guide

I have three satellites and all of them went offline today.  They have wired backhall and wont connect.    I can move them 5 feet from each other and they will connect via 5G but wired does not work.... My network is bascially down

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Factory reset the RBR and RBS. when you see the front pulsating WHITE, Power OFF for 2 minutes on the RBR and RBS. Leave the RBS OFF. Walk thru the setup wizard on the RBR using a wired PC and web browser. Check internet access with the RBR only. Wired and wireless. 

When the RBR is back to ready, use the sync buttons on the RBS and RBR to sync the RBS. I would do this with the RBS in same room as teh RBR. 10 feet distance. 

@Hogwarts wrote:

I have three satellites and all of them went offline today.  They have wired backhall and wont connect.    I can move them 5 feet from each other and they will connect via 5G but wired does not work.... My network is bascially down

Message 8 of 17
Hogwarts
Guide

Plus devices won’t reset . I hold a pin in the reset hole for 30 seconds. They restart but don’t factory reset. So if you try to add them again system won’t find them…. These devices are poorly designed. Team should be ashamed….
Message 9 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

30 seconds is too long for the button press, only 15 seconds is needed. 

Also did you reset the RBR and setup from scratch as well?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6/No-wifi-from-RBR850-or-satellite-Satellite-is-solid-mag...

Power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 1 minute as well? 

Ensure the FW on the RBS is same as whats on the RBR...if the RBS is not using same version, it may not sync at all. 

Message 10 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you know if the RBS are using same version of FW? IF they aren't they may not sync at all...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6/No-wifi-from-RBR850-or-satellite-Satellite-is-solid-mag...

@cuthagoo wrote:

I walked through the setup process via the hardline like you suggested.  I set up a new SSID and password, but it can't be found on any devices.  I also have the router and the satellites all in the same room right now, maybe 6-8 feet apart, and doing sync does nothing... any ideas?

Message 11 of 17
Hogwarts
Guide

They all have the same firmware. I am not doing a hard reset . I have 50 attached devices. A hard reset means reconnecting 50 devices…. I need a precise answer to solve, not a reboot of 50 devices
Message 12 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you reset, use the same SSID name and PW and your devcies WILL reconnect. 

Message 13 of 17
SpeedPro_03
Tutor

Similar problem with mu satellites with latest firmware update… they all flash blue almost all day long… very annoying and speed is not the same as with previous v3 firmware… this is a problem Netgear should be fixing instead of suggesting clients other useless solutions such as reboot devices, hard resets… they screwed things up with this last 2 FW updates and they should fix it right away. Days go by and people is angry, they cannot play with peoples connectivity nowadays. We use them to work. I cannot work properly from home since I used to do a month ago. And it’s Netgear’s responsibility to either fix it with a stable and working firmware or letting us downgrade our devices to the previous v3 working firmware. This situation is unacceptable!!
Message 14 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support and let them know what your experiencing. 

@SpeedPro_03 wrote:
Similar problem with mu satellites with latest firmware update… they all flash blue almost all day long… very annoying and speed is not the same as with previous v3 firmware… this is a problem Netgear should be fixing instead of suggesting clients other useless solutions such as reboot devices, hard resets… they screwed things up with this last 2 FW updates and they should fix it right away. Days go by and people is angry, they cannot play with peoples connectivity nowadays. We use them to work. I cannot work properly from home since I used to do a month ago. And it’s Netgear’s responsibility to either fix it with a stable and working firmware or letting us downgrade our devices to the previous v3 working firmware. This situation is unacceptable!!

Message 15 of 17
cuthagoo
Aspirant

I called support and they were absolutely no help at all.  After providing proof of purchase and serial numbers they determined that I'm out of warranty because apparently they don't understand that just because I ordered the product in May of last year, it took 5 months to get it due to backorders (which is marked on the proof of purchase!!) ABsOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!  I will never recommend NETGEAR to anyone after they crap they have pulled the last few days, its no wonder UBIQUITI is eating their lunch

Message 16 of 17
Hogwarts
Guide

Support is useless, there guidance to fix my devices is to factory reset them and then move them close to each other and re-add the satellites.  I did that.   Then i hooked them up to a wired backhall and they all disconnect.   I tried this multiple times.  I have one router and three satellights.  They all show and disconnected. I talked to support and they said they will call me back and that was 5 days ago.  No call back.   Way to be customer focsued during  a crisis.  No comapssion , No empathy.    

These are boat anchors.    Poorly designed, huge and useless.   I will never by Netgear again

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7