Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help Build Home WiFi Mesh For Cox Gigablast

JA99
Follower

Help Build Home WiFi Mesh For Cox Gigablast

I'm hoping for help. I'm upgrading to Cox Gigablast and want to install Orbi RBK853 WiFi 6 System for a wireless mesh. I've looked at the Cox website to see what modems are compatible with Gigablast, and the CM1200 Nighthawk is on the list. Are there connectivity/compatibility issues between the modem and router models noted? If seamlessly compatible, is the CM1200 modem a good choice for the Orbi router mesh noted above? My home network is used primarily for internet surfing, TV streaming, and gaming. We do not currently use voice activated devices.

I appreciate your feedback.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

The CM1000, CM1100 or 1200 will be good modems.

Good Luck 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know what you end uo getting...

@JA99 wrote:

I'm hoping for help. I'm upgrading to Cox Gigablast and want to install Orbi RBK853 WiFi 6 System for a wireless mesh. I've looked at the Cox website to see what modems are compatible with Gigablast, and the CM1200 Nighthawk is on the list. Are there connectivity/compatibility issues between the modem and router models noted? If seamlessly compatible, is the CM1200 modem a good choice for the Orbi router mesh noted above? My home network is used primarily for internet surfing, TV streaming, and gaming. We do not currently use voice activated devices.

I appreciate your feedback.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7