Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help setting up VPN service on iOS or MacOS. (RBK852)

sdcontre
Initiate

Help setting up VPN service on iOS or MacOS. (RBK852)

Hello,

I'm trying to set up the VPN connection on iOS or MacOS to connect to my home network from a remote connection. I enabled the feature in the web controls and downloaded the prompted zip folder containing an .ovpn file and a couple of other files. Here the instructions tell me to add the files to the OpenVPN Connect app but the app only allows me to import the single .ovpn file and cannot locate the other three files. The alternate manner of attaching the files in itunes isn't applicable beacuse iTunes is defunct on Mac.

I also enabled the Dynamic DNS Service as suggested by the software.

I'm not afraid to do some manual data entry to get this set up... in fact, I think I'd prefer it. If anyone can help me find the raw information or can lead me through creating the proper profile file I'd really appreciate it.

I'm working on a VPN  VM to try it with Windows iTunes but I'd like to find a better way if possible.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
parisv
Tutor

Re: Help setting up VPN service on iOS or MacOS. (RBK852)

I've just got this working.

On the mac with your iphone plugged in, open finder and click on you phone on the left side.

Then click files along the menu towards the right 

then expand openvpn

then open another finder window and go to your Downloads/smarthpone folder and drag all 4 files from it to openvpn (ignore the inbox) in the other finder window.

then open openvpn on your phone and you should see it there to import.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
sdcontre
Initiate

Added the files via Windows iTunes but profile won't connect. I feel like I'm missing a key step somewhere.

Message 2 of 3
parisv
Tutor

I've just got this working.

On the mac with your iphone plugged in, open finder and click on you phone on the left side.

Then click files along the menu towards the right 

then expand openvpn

then open another finder window and go to your Downloads/smarthpone folder and drag all 4 files from it to openvpn (ignore the inbox) in the other finder window.

then open openvpn on your phone and you should see it there to import.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7