Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to restart all satellites and router?

donawalt
Virtuoso

How to restart all satellites and router?

If I want to restart my RBR850 and 2-RBS8750s at the same time to recycle everything, what is the best way to do that? It looks like on the router web page orbilogin.com, Router/Advanced/Home Page just reboots the router, is that true? 

Second, do you make it a practice to restart your router and satellites periodically? If so how frequently?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Yes you can just go through the browser page for a reboot.

Do I reboot on a schedule? No. But I change routers/firmware often enough that at least once a month they're getting rebooted for something. 

Message 2 of 4
donawalt
Virtuoso

@plemans thanks. Do you mean go to each device's browser page individually? No way to do all devices from one place I guess?

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@donawalt wrote:

If I want to restart my RBR850 and 2-RBS8750s at the same time to recycle everything, what is the best way to do that? It looks like on the router web page orbilogin.com, Router/Advanced/Home Page just reboots the router, is that true? 

Yes, that is correct.  The router is "where everything happens", so restarting the satellites is not nearly as significant.

@donawalt wrote:

Second, do you make it a practice to restart your router and satellites periodically? If so how frequently?

My router has been up continuously for 113 days. So, no. I only restart when there is a reason to.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7