Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How will we know?

webminster
Luminary

How will we know?

So the pinned post says (barring issues) this fix will roll out over the next 10 days.  And that after that, if you still have problems...

How will we know that we've supposedly received the fix?  By not getting access back after 10 days or so?  Is there something we can do other than try to access the admin for the next 2 weeks to see if we have access back, or the system is really dead this time?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
webminster
Luminary

Fix finally applied here sometime today.  Didn't seem to reboot the router.  But have my admin back.  Happy they were able to fix this without the reset.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
plemans
Guru

well when it comes back, the app should work. So I'd just keep trying that

Message 2 of 9
hgpilot55
Star

I've got the RBR850 - having the same problem.  I've read the posts re: rolling out a fix - but also read about something called a 30/30/30

1. using a pin, press reset for 30 seconds.  DO NOT STOP PRESSING

2.  While still pressing reset (remember, do not let off) - unplug  for 30 seconds.  DO NOT STOP PRESSING

3.  Plug back end - after 30 seconds, release pin

Bottom line, you're pressing the reset for a total of 90 seconds

When it came back online I was able to access via both the iOS app and 192.168.1.1

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

One user mentioned pressing the reset button for a total of 1 minute got them back in to the web page.

Message 4 of 9
FarmerBob1
Luminary

Yeh, back in the dark ages we used to do a 30-30-30 Reset with every FW install to make sure that the memory was fully cleared/flushed and that the new software/firmware could "seat" properly and cleanly. As time has gone on, it's been said that is no longer necessary to do this. I was actually told this by Tech Rep in a forum a while ago. Well, we're/I am finding that might not be entirely true. Lately it's come in very handy as have derivations of it.

Message 5 of 9
webminster
Luminary

So been about 7 days since the announcement of the fix rolling out.  So far I've seen no difference and no sign that anything updated.

If there still a chance I don't want to do the reset.  But, again, when's the cutoff?  Is Netgear going to announce that everyone has access to the fix, and it should have applied if it's going to?

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

@webminster wrote:

So been about 7 days since the announcement of the fix rolling out.  So far I've seen no difference and no sign that anything updated.

If there still a chance I don't want to do the reset.  But, again, when's the cutoff?  Is Netgear going to announce that everyone has access to the fix, and it should have applied if it's going to?

so the point of the slow rollout was to find other issues that might crop up. Maybe they did find something and so its delaying it. Or maybe its memorial day weekend and no one's in the office. Most places try not to do a firmware rollout on the weekend in case there are issues on general release. 

Message 7 of 9
webminster
Luminary

Fix finally applied here sometime today.  Didn't seem to reboot the router.  But have my admin back.  Happy they were able to fix this without the reset.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it's working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7