Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have 1x RBR750 with 2x RBS750

JohnYK
Tutor

I have 1x RBR750 with 2x RBS750

I have exactly the same problem since last Friday. I have 1x RBR750 with 2x RBS750

The current firmware for RBR750 is V4.6.5.14

The current firmware for the RBS750 showing good in app is V4.6.8.2

I cannot see the firmware for the RBS750 that shows as disconnected in app and webpage. Is there any way to check it?

Seems like the problem is RBS750 firmware was auto-updated while the RBR750 firmware was not. I didn't try to manually update RBR750 due to the problem with firmware V4.6.8.2 described here in this form.

Troubleshooting process: I tried all possible methods, reset, reboot, start from scratch, none of them worked.

After sync, both satellites blinked white light for about 2 minutes and then showed stable blue light for a while. But I could not see any satellite in app or webpage at that time. After one day, both showed up in the app, one showed disconnected and the other showed good. But none of my wifi devices can connect the good RBS750. When I disabled WIFI on my laptop and connected it to RBS750 satellites using cable, I can access internet, suggesting both satellites are successfully sync'd. But again none of my WIFI devices (iphone, laptop et al) can connect to the satellites via WIFI.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JohnYK
Tutor

Re: I have 1x RBR750 with 2x RBS750

Problem is solved after I manually down grade firmware to V4.6.5.14 for both satellites. Thank you!

Netgear, please don't push the new firmware to me. The ORBI system has been working great for me on firmware V4.6.5.14 and I don't want to waste another nice weekend on this kind of problem. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
JohnYK
Tutor

I will appreciate any suggestions to fix this problem. Thank you!

By the way, the ORBI system had been working well since I purchased it one year ago. I hadn't had any problem until the most recently firmware auto-update. I feel very frustrated and disappointed. Is there any way to disable the firmware auto-update? Thank you!

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have access to the RBS web pages, I would download the v.14 FW files for the RES 750s on to a wired PC and downgrade the RBS to v.14 using the RBS web pages to send the FW files so that there on same version of FW as the RBR.

Message 3 of 9
JohnYK
Tutor

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I will give it a try tonight.

I can only access one satellite using 10.0.0.2 that shows "Good" in the app and web. The other satellite shows "disconnected" without an IP address. Please may I ask how can I access that satellite? Thank you!

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try connecting the one RBS to the back of the RBR using a ethernet cable...

Message 5 of 9
JohnYK
Tutor

Problem is solved after I manually down grade firmware to V4.6.5.14 for both satellites. Thank you!

Netgear, please don't push the new firmware to me. The ORBI system has been working great for me on firmware V4.6.5.14 and I don't want to waste another nice weekend on this kind of problem. Thank you!

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

Message 7 of 9
FikreBiz
Aspirant

I have experienced the same issue and I would like to downgrade the firmware on my problematic satellite. Could you please outline the steps? I do not see the satellite on the "update firmware" page of orbilogin.net page.

Message 8 of 9
FikreBiz
Aspirant

It was a bit involved but I was able to check and downgrade my satellite's firmware to V4.6.5.14 from V4.6.8.2

Background:

The firmware on one of my satellite's was upgraded to V4.6.8.2 while the Router and the other satellite were on V4.6.5.14. This was preventing the satellite to properly connect to the router network. I couldn't see it on the ORBI app as well as the orbilogin.net page.

Steps:

First - I reset the problematic satellite (press and hold the Reset button in the back of the router - 10 second would work). Then I unplugged the satellite and left it off for 1 minute.

Second - I connected the satellite to the Router with a CAT5 cable. This step provided the satellite with an IP address on the network.

Third - I downloaded the firmware version V4.6.5.14 from NETGEAR using the following URL  https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK752/RBS750-V4.6.5.14.zip

Once the download is completed, unzip the file to your computer.

Fourth - I proceeded to URL http://orbilogin.net and logged in as an Admin. This step is to confirm that the satellite is shown under the connected devices section and get the IP address. You may need to refresh the list if you have lots of devices connected to your network. For me, I searched by the MAC address of the satellite - it's usually in bottom of the device next to a QR code. 

Fifth - go to the IP address of the satellite on your browser. Mine was at http://10.0.0.19 . When the page asks you to enter user id and password, enter admin for user id and password for password. Since I reset the satellite, I'm using the default value. However, if that doesn't work, you need to use the user id/password that you used to log in to the orbilogin.net site in the Fourth Step.

Sixth - find the update firmware link and follow the on screen steps to upload the firmware you downloaded from NETGEAR. It will take some time.

Last - once the above steps are done, disconnect all satellites, reboot the router, and connect the satellite(s) back. 

This solved my issue and I hope it helps to the next person that runs into a similar issue.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7