Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have four orbi rbs 850 sattelites and one does not have connected devices

redwood2020
Aspirant

I have four orbi rbs 850 sattelites and one does not have connected devices

My Orbi AX 6000 had to have new firmware installed yesterday and today one of the four sattelites does not have any devices connected. How can I resolve this? The other three did connect after two re boots of the main router.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have four orbi rbs 850 sattelites and one does not have connected devices

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

So can you disable the wifi radio on your phone or pad, then move hear the one RBS, say 6 feet away, turn on the wifi radio and see if it connects to this one RBS. Then verify that something is connected to the RBS by looking at it's web page? 

what happens if you swap the one RBS for one that works? 

Message 2 of 4
redwood2020
Aspirant

My house is about 8000 ft. Sq, including a cottage that I want to cover that is about 50 feet from my larger home. The routers are all 50 ish feet apart and I  have firmware version 3.2.16.6 currently. I was able to go through some resetting and getting all four sattelites to connect by syncing after the hard reset. However, there continues to be trouble keeping the sattelites and router connected to the internet. I had support from Orbi yesterday and all were connected to each other and my devices, but overnight everything fell apart. This system was working fine for 6 weeks, but now I am spending too much time troubleshooting. Thank you! 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

So can you disable the wifi radio on your phone or pad, then move hear the one RBS, say 6 feet away, turn on the wifi radio and see if it connects to this one RBS. Then verify that something is connected to the RBS by looking at it's web page? 

what happens if you swap the one RBS for one that works? 

Could the firmware update have done this?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try this, Turn OFF all RBS access for two. See how the system works with two RBS. Then graduate by adding 1 RBS. Turn the next one ON. 

You could downgrade the systems FW as last resort to last working version to see. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7