Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have not been able to connect to my Orbi via the iOS app or web interface

epsilonkore
Apprentice

I have not been able to connect to my Orbi via the iOS app or web interface

Internet is still flowing, wired and wireless devices sitll connecting...

BUT I have not been able to connect to my Orbi via the iOS app or web interface (10.0.0.1) for the last three days.

Full reboots of all three units (853 model), let them power down for 10 min each.

I have not performed a full wipe/reset of the device as I have Orbi Bitdefender subscription, and every time I have to do a full system wipe it ends up in days/weeks of hassle trying to get the Bitdefender reloaded and functional. 

I also have multiple MAC reservations and port forwards that are probably not totally backed up in my "latest backup" as I change settings frequently. 

I will wait until a new firmware/solution comes from Netgear. I suspect this was an automatic firmware update as everything was working great until 5/9/22 (thats when I noticed I couldnt use the mobile app).

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: I have not been able to connect to my Orbi via the iOS app or web interface

You need to factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch using a wired PC and web browser:

https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Message 2 of 6
epsilonkore
Apprentice

I did as you suggested and this is where I am now: 

I followed the reset link you provided, paper clip reset till the led flashed amber. 

My Orbi was reset, SSID went back to Orbi10.

I plugged ethernet directly from the RBR850 into my PC, it gained IP with a 192.168.1.1 gateway (I previously had 10.0.0.1 so further evidence of a sucessful wipe).

I tried to go to 192.168.1.1 to no avail, same as it was pre wipe (but with 10.0.0.1)

I then unplugged everything from the RBR850, and replugged power, allowed it to boot, = plugged in ethernet again to my laptop ... same results, I cannot access 192.168.1.1 gateway.

I repeated the above, even held the paperclip reset for a solid 30 seconds, then pulled power while holding, and replugged power while holding then released (old Netgear trick) still nothing. 

I tried joining the ORBI10 with my iPhone, and was able to attach, but going to 192.168.1.1 using Safari did not work, and the Orbi App cannot identify it.

Before I started this, I had full wifi, my house was humming, everything was working except I couldnt access the admin console or use my Orbi App to change settings (this all came about because I wanted to enable Guest Wifi for the weekend), now I have nothing. I will continue to plug, unplug, reset, wipe etc all the things until something happens, or you give me a another solution.

Thank you

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Unplug the RBR from the ISP modem and just have 1 wired PC connected to the RBR. Press the reset button for 15 seconds then release. 

Use MS Edge, FireFox or Opera at HTTP and 191.168.1.1

Be sure your PC is set for automatic Ip addressing on it's ethernet adapter. 

Clear out all browser caches before going to that address on the router.

Others have mentioned a 30/30/30 reset worked as well to gain access to the web page and setup wizard...

Message 4 of 6
epsilonkore
Apprentice

There is no clear answer as to what happened, but I am back in now.

I reset the device 6 or 7 times, trying various different techniques.

The one in the netgear link you sent, holding for 15 seconds, release...

My old method, hold 30 seconds, unplug power, keep holding for another 30, and then plug in and hold for 30 more...

Bare in mind, the first method, the links method that is, reset everything, SSID, Gateway ... but I could not log into the admin page.

I can now, and I am back in. Unfortunately my battle to restore my 2.5 years remaining of Bitdefender begins as its now suggesting I attempt a "trial" with it.

I see you just replied to my previous post, guess I took too long typing this out :0

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, sounds like the 30 30 30 method may have helped or just keeping at it finally knocked the block out of the way. 

Glad you go it. Once you get it all setup, make a new backup config to file. I recommend doing this before you enable any Armor, Circle, Access Controls or Traffic Meter. Once made, then enable those additional features if you use them then make another back up config. So you have a base config and full on setup config. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7