Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I just installed an RB750 with two RBS750 satellites

Gregg_Va
Follower

I just installed an RB750 with two RBS750 satellites

I just installed an ORBI RB750 with two RBS750 satellites. A third satellite named Xerox is showing up on the network map. It isn't enabled and has no connected devices. It says it is an RBS750 and even has a serial number but the MAC address is all all zeros and the IP address is all the same number.

Any ideas what is going on?

Message 1 of 10

@Gregg_Va wrote:

I just installed an ORBI RB750 with two RBS750 satellites.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but Orbi systems are not like standard routers, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and RBS? Should all be the same.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What browser are you using? Happens with a different browser?

Message 3 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Gregg_Va

We are currently looking into this. Please check your inbox. I have sent you a message requesting for more information. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 10
Afaris
Aspirant

Message 5 of 10
Brigade069
Aspirant

I have the same issue was wondering what the RBX750 Xerox ment?

Message 6 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and RBS? Should all be the same.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What browser are you using? Happens with a different browser?

Try a factory reset on the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch using a web browser. 

@Brigade069 wrote:

I have the same issue was wondering what the RBX750 Xerox ment?

Message 7 of 10
Brigade069
Aspirant

Firmware Version
V4.6.3.7_2.0.49, 2300sq ft home all one level,  30ft to first one 50ft to next one, did a fresh reset using MS Edge. The 3rd satilite is still there same name.

Message 8 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes with the reset. 

@Brigade069 wrote:

Firmware Version
V4.6.3.7_2.0.49, 2300sq ft home all one level,  30ft to first one 50ft to next one, did a fresh reset using MS Edge. The 3rd satilite is still there same name.

Message 9 of 10
tak1313
Luminary

Go into the WEB ui through a browser (NOT the app).  You will see it in the list of attached devices.  Delete it there, and it will also disappear from the app.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7