Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Intermittent DNS Errors and WiFi Issues

I’ve sent a PM over, just waiting on a reply. So happy this is being fixed!
Message 526 of 579
Ace321
Apprentice

@Pizzimperfect sent you PM
Message 527 of 579
Ace321
Apprentice

Which version? 7 series or 8 series?
Message 528 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

@Ace321 Please direct requests to @Christian_R 

Thank you. 

@Ace321 wrote:
sent you PM

Message 529 of 579
sepsole
Aspirant

Waiting also the message for the beta firmware. 

Message 530 of 579
riphunter
Initiate

Sent @Christian_R a PM on the 27th requesting the RBR750/RBS750 beta firmware. Waiting to hear back. 

Looking forward to finally being able to resolve this DNS problem.

Message 531 of 579
LeBlackNight
Guide

Someone who has access to the beta firmware for RBK853, please PM me a link? I already asked for it in an official capacity but nothing yet. I am trying to resolve the annoying DNS issues. Wish I could just pass alternate DNS entries as part of the DHCP reservation and not have to deal with the internal proxy. I also really wish I could separate the 2.4 and 5.8 bands into separate SSIDs. Not sure why I would be limited like I am with these routers for a cool thousand dollars! It is almost like Apple is making these and know what is best for me. Smiley Frustrated

Message 532 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Please direct requests to @Christian_R 

It's the weekend so please be patient. 

@LeBlackNight wrote:

Someone who has access to the beta firmware for RBK853, please PM me a link? I already asked for it in an official capacity but nothing yet. I am trying to resolve the annoying DNS issues. Wish I could just pass alternate DNS entries as part of the DHCP reservation and not have to deal with the internal proxy. I also really wish I could separate the 2.4 and 5.8 bands into separate SSIDs. Not sure why I would be limited like I am with these routers for a cool thousand dollars! It is almost like Apple is making these and know what is best for me. Smiley Frustrated

Message 533 of 579
Ravepants
Guide

Hi @FURRYe38 Any chance I could get the beta for the RBR750 please as I am also getting the DNS issues for about 3 months now.

Thank you 🙂

Message 534 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Please direct requests to @Christian_R

@Ravepants wrote:

Hi @FURRYe38 Any chance I could get the beta for the RBR750 please as I am also getting the DNS issues for about 3 months now.

Thank you 🙂

Message 535 of 579
GoldenRetroGame
Apprentice

I'm really happy to hear there's a beta firmware to deal with these issues! I reached out to get a copy of the beta. I'm extremely excited to give it a try on my RBR850/RBS850.

Message 536 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 537 of 579
drakelake
Aspirant

Likewise! I am hoping this resolves the DNS issue, as I have been having it ever since I got the AX6000. I sent a private message like was suggested. Now it's just the waiting game...

Message 538 of 579
houcatdad
Star

I just checked the Netgear 752 (750R/750S) downloads.

There is now an official version for download that says it resolves the DNS issues.

Numbering changed "dramatically"....

My beta was 3.2.19.4_1.4.15

The download is 4.6.3.7_2.0.49

Message 539 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

@Ravepants You have this option as well now:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBK752-753-Firmware-Version-4-6-3-7-Released/m-p/211566...

@Ravepants wrote:

Thank you 🙂

Message 540 of 579
Ravepants
Guide

@FURRYe38 Thanks, i'll give it a whirl 👍

Message 541 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now how it goes for you...

Message 542 of 579
houcatdad
Star

Just a note...

I have done a manual update on my RBK752 (RBR750/RBS750) to firmware v4.6.3.7_2.0.49. This is available publicly on the download page.

The performance is still GREAT and similar/identical to the beta firmware that was fixed. I'm very happy this has been resolved. This was a huge annoyance.... I'm glad it is fixed!

Message 543 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 544 of 579
KickassCaptain
Aspirant

Hi all,

I am using RBR 853 and could I have the beta firmware that fixes the DNS issue? Many thanks
Message 545 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with @Christian_R

@KickassCaptain wrote:
Hi all,

I am using RBR 853 and could I have the beta firmware that fixes the DNS issue? Many thanks

Message 546 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

There is a Beta FW that this DNS issue. Have you tried it yet? 

@msinex wrote:

Just a quick update from my side.  About 10 days into shifting the Orbi into AP mode and running a TP Link Archer as a wired router and it has worked flawlessly.  The obvious DNS issues that plagued many of my devices and my work laptop have been completely eliminated.  It has also eliminated some freezing issues I was having with both apps on my AppleTV (HBO Max and other streaming services would sometimes time out and cause me to have to reboot) and errors I was getting in how my WHDVR was working via DirectTV.  I hadn't attributed this before to the Orbi DNS issue, but it apparently was assuming these errors leave.  While still completely flabbergasted that such an expensive mesh system could have such a fundamentally and unaddressed flaw, I'm much happeir with it in AP mode (especially since I couldn't return the damn thing!)

Message 547 of 579
msinex
Apprentice

I’m still having zero dns issues since I have put it in AP mode. I’ve seen the posts on the beta firmware, and I’ve been hesitant to shift over to it because I’ve finally gotten to a stable solution. I likely will try again once I see it has shifted out of beta.
Message 548 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

You can use AP mode for the beta if needed. Up to you though. Just letting you know, fix is there. 

Good Luck. 

Message 549 of 579
Amcbroom81
Tutor

Just downloaded the new beta firmware for my orbi RBR850. Can someone point me to the correct way to upload and install these software updates? I want to do it right and not mess things up. Thanks for the help! 

Message 550 of 579
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7