Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Intermittent DNS Errors and WiFi Issues

filmnikon
Aspirant

@Mikey94025 wrote:

Same here.  My RBR850 system auto-updated to V4.6.3.16 a few weeks ago and I've not seen any of the DNS issues that had frequently appeared to me (until I installed the V3 beta with the fix).

I've also fortunately not had any issues with V4, despite holding back earlier because of problems posted in this forum.

Okay so since I have also updated to V4.6.3.16, and I am still seeing DNS issue, I guess this means that the fix is not in this version?  Can anyone confirm?

Message 576 of 579
GoldenRetroGame
Apprentice

Yup. I had the DNS issues with the latest firmware.

Message 577 of 579
Validus
Luminary

I had this issue a lot on older firmware, the latest was a lot better and resolved it for a while.

I noticed it starting to reoccur again after 3 weeks to a month usage. Yet if you go under the admin and reboot it, seems to go back to running fine for a while yet again. Perhaps it's either a memory leak or occurs when multiple devices are attempting to connect? I know that rebooting would disconnect the wifi devices as well. The DNS errors seems to happen on a redirect, like when logging in or out of a website. Quickly refreshs and works fine.

I haven't seen the DNS issue again yet, since the last reboot.

Suggest updating to the latest firmware, rebooting if it happens again and then checking how long it takes to happen again (if it does or not).

Message 578 of 579
FURRYe38
Guru

No DNS issues here since putting my 8 series system back on line last Satuarday on v16 FW. 

@filmnikon wrote:

Okay so since I have also updated to V4.6.3.16, and I am still seeing DNS issue, I guess this means that the fix is not in this version?  Can anyone confirm?

Message 579 of 579
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7