Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Intermittent wifi reboot issue

jdk1120
Apprentice

Intermittent wifi reboot issue

My Orbi router (RBR750 // RBKS753S) has been experiencing issues ever since I purchased it two months ago. The symptoms were very similar to DNS issues described in this previous thread (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Intermittent-DNS-Errors-and-WiFi-Issues/td-p/1950768/page/2...)

Supposedly the issue is resolved, but my problem lingers. The router reboots intermittently at random times, disconnecting me from the internet for a few seconds. It allows me to stay on my Zoom call / stream / etc but does cause that lag.  I never had this issue previously with a cheaper $100 router.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue and is there a solution?  I have the latest firmware 

V4.6.3.7_2.0.49 installed.
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a full factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? 

How what the FW update applied? Auto update or manually? If auto update, you might try downloading the FW files manualy and then manually re-apply using a web browser to the RBS then RBR lastly. 

How often does this reboot happen that you can see? 

Does this happen with and with out the RBS turned ON and OFF?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 6
jdk1120
Apprentice

Hi, to answer your questions:

• I have Verizon FIOS using the modem they provided (it is the standard black model, but do not know exact model name as it does not indicated and it is tightly affixed to my wall).
  • The reboot issue happens every ~15 minutes when it's bad. When it's not bad, I've gone through a day without the issue.
  • I use channel 11 for 2.4ghz as instructed by an Orbi technician's help over online chat
  • I do not know what RBS is so that setting must be at default
  • Yes, wifi neighbors, at least 5 nearby

Could you let me know whether this issue is common among other users and what is being done to resolve it?  Thank you.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Seeing one other here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBK752-satellite-restarts-quite-often-in-a-day/td-p/2125874...

If you have done most troublesooting includeing factory resets and such. I'd ask NG support about an RMA. 

Message 4 of 6
jdk1120
Apprentice

Hi guys, I just wanted to update you guys as I've been working with the support team to resolve this issue.

So far, nothing has worked; this is a persistent issue.  This is quite unfortunate since this is not an issue before when I was using a much cheaper router. If anyone has found a workaround or solution, I'd much appreciate hearing your thoughts.  I still have 1 more month of warranty left so I'll likely ask for a replacement.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have done most troublesooting includeing factory resets and such. I'd ask NG support about an RMA. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7