Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet gets dropped

firenut34
Aspirant

Internet gets dropped

I have the Orbi Rbr750 with one rbs750 satellite. I have frontier fios for which I upgraded to their 1gig plan. My house is two story 2700sqft house. Frontier replaced the ont outside so it is their newest one. I have a cat8 running from the ont to the router. I had 5e prior and kept losing internet during the day frequently so I upgraded to cat8 and still have the problem. Yesterday I was finally able to manually upgrade to the newest firmware for the router and satellite with then doing factory resets on them. Today, the internet drops again and will return with rebooting the router. I did the auto setup so maybe there is a configuration issue? What settings do I need? It’s straight from Ont to the router.
Message 1 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Internet gets dropped

Does the front LED turn PINK when this happens? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Also enable SIP ALG as well. Under Advanced tab/WAN Setup

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Message 2 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

I have frontier fios with the FRX523 Ont. It will at times turn pink and other times it won’t. I’m just updated to firmware V4.6.14.3_2.3.12 The satellite is about 30 feet on the second floor.
Message 3 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

This ONT happen to have a built in router and wifi in the ONT? 

I've seen some reports that may have this. 

Is the RBR getting a public IP address ##.##.###.###on its Internet port or a 192.168.something address? 

Can you take a picture of the front of the ONT and post it here please? 

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP ONT and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 4 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

Should I turn on the WAN aggregation?
Message 5 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

This ONT happen to have a built in router and wifi in the ONT? 

I've seen some reports that may have this. 

Is the RBR getting a public IP address ##.##.###.###on its Internet port or a 192.168.something address? 

Does the ONT support WAN LAG? 

Message 6 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

I know it takes place of the modem, but not a router. They would rent me a router and then rent me the eero6
Message 7 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

And yes with all the power offs
Message 8 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the ONT support WAN LAG? 

Message 9 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

It was doing this prior to the firmware update. It only started after they changed the ONT to the FRX523.
I got a pic, but can’t get it to upload here of the Ont.
Message 10 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Remember the model # of the prior ONT? 

IF this is the case, might ask the ISP for the prior ONT back. 

If the prior ONT worked and new one isn't, possible issue with new ONT. 

To post something use the camera icon to input the picture file or use the Drag and Drop here seen at the bottom of the post editor to include the file as a attachment. 

Message 11 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

Under the basic setup internet, internet IP address get from dynamically from ISP is marked.
Message 12 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the RBR getting a public IP address ##.##.###.###on its Internet port or a 192.168.something address? Seen on the RBRs web page under Advanced tab/Internet section box. 

Message 13 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

Not sure what the previous Ont was. It was white so guessing the fox222.
Message 14 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

What did they change it out? 

@firenut34 wrote:
Not sure what the previous Ont was. It was white so guessing the fox222.

Message 15 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

Router info box says 192.168.1.1
Internet Port is ##.##.###.###

Message 16 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

The old one died
Message 17 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. That's a public. Don't need to post actual WAN IP. 

Dang. Ok. Welp, I'd ask the ISP if they have any of the prior ones around. Unless you can find one online. Ask the ISP to look into there logs and the ONTs logs when this happens. Seems like something is dropping at the new ONT and causing the RBR to report loss of internet. Let them know that the prior ONT worked, new one doesn't.

Message 18 of 20
firenut34
Aspirant

They are replacing the fox222 with this one as they say it’s the upgraded to that. Didn’t know if I had all the settings correct. When I got the rbr750, I just unplugged the old router they had and plugged in this one and let it run setup. Then hit Hurricane Ian and over a month later we lost internet and frontier traced it to the Ont and replaced it. I didn’t change any settings with the Orbi.
Message 19 of 20
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. 

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements