Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue connecting to work vpn from behind ORBI RBK850

mmarlow
Follower

Issue connecting to work vpn from behind ORBI RBK850

After setting up my new Orbi with 1 satelite everything worked fine until I tried to connect to my work server using the windows vpn client. I have never had an issue - motels, phone hotspot, my old router - all allowed connection without issue.

I turned off the Armor security - didn't help. Spent an hour on the phone with the call center to no avail. After hanging up I dug into my firewall - I use AVG for business - and found that the new network connection had defaulted to public. Changed the setting to private and now the vpn connection works just fine.

In researching the issue in this forum I had found several similar issues but never found a solution - so I just wanted to share in case someone else was as frustrated as I was - and blaming the Orbi product. I am very happy the product now.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Issue connecting to work vpn from behind ORBI RBK850

Thanks for sharing your fix!

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue connecting to work vpn from behind ORBI RBK850

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

@mmarlow wrote:

After setting up my new Orbi with 1 satelite everything worked fine until I tried to connect to my work server using the windows vpn client. I have never had an issue - motels, phone hotspot, my old router - all allowed connection without issue.

I turned off the Armor security - didn't help. Spent an hour on the phone with the call center to no avail. After hanging up I dug into my firewall - I use AVG for business - and found that the new network connection had defaulted to public. Changed the setting to private and now the vpn connection works just fine.

In researching the issue in this forum I had found several similar issues but never found a solution - so I just wanted to share in case someone else was as frustrated as I was - and blaming the Orbi product. I am very happy the product now.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7