Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Latest firmware drops VOIP and MS TEAMS and Skype

sutset
Guide

Latest firmware drops VOIP and MS TEAMS and Skype

We need the ability to downgrade firmware without the orbi auto update. I am unable to work with all these drops. Every time they issue an upgrade they blow something out of the water. I know of no way to keep a lower firmware without Orbi auto updating 

Message 1 of 61
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

We are suffering from the exact same problems in our household and our offices are closed for 2 weeks (to start with).

This is unacceptable.

Message 2 of 61
rensul
Guide

It absolutely couldn't have happened at a worst time. My Skype for Business conference calls this morning all dropped off at about the 8 to 9 minute mark - every time like clockwork.

My son was complaining about his game streaming dropping all the time at about the same time point since last week but I didn't take it that seriously... Now that it's affecting my new work from home situation this is utterly and completely unacceptable.

Come on Netgear - get with it and fix it.

Message 3 of 61
sutset
Guide

Worse part is we no flag to orbi to stop automatic updates. I guess they must think we only use their router for fun. 

I work from home and this is killing me.  If I downgrade the stupid orbi it will just re-update again  with the same bad version.  They have ZERO QA processes. This has got to stop. I had an ASUS router for 5 years and never had these issues. Add to that this was 700 hundred dollars.

The best thing they  can do is to give us a setting to stop auto updates since they can't release code that works ever.

Message 4 of 61
sutset
Guide

This is what I sent NETGEAR under my case number 

I WAS ON HOLD FOR 30 MIN. AND GAVEUP WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A CRISIS IN THIS COUNTRY AND WORKING FROM HOME AND ALL OUR CALLS AND MEETING ROOMS ARE DROPPING SINCE THE NEW FIRMWARE WAS RELEASED. WE NEED NETGEAR TO REMOVE THAT FIRMWARE FROM DOWNLOAD OR GIVE US AN EMERGENCY OPTION TO NOT ALLOW AUTOMATIC FIRMWARE UPGRADES YOU GUYS ARE KILLING US BECUASE CAN NEVER RELEASE FIRMWARE THAT WORKS

Message 5 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi product model do you have? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is these over wired or wireless connections? 

For wireless, be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

If this still fails, then try this:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/m-p/1...

Message 6 of 61
sutset
Guide

I have orbi AX started right after firmware upgrade 

Message 7 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

What Orbi product model do you have? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Is these over wired or wireless connections? 

For wireless, be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

Message 8 of 61
rensul
Guide

I changed the RTS/CTS values and will update this post on whether it helped. I have wired and wireless clients - both have experienced the problem. I also realize the RTS/CTS value change only affects wireless but I'm trying anything at this point.

I have the RBR 850 and RBS 850 with the router direct to Verizon FIOS - no cable modem. I am positive this is NOT a Verizon issue. As others have pointed out, all my problems started after the latest firmware update.

Message 9 of 61
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

Hey guys, update here, I unplugged my RBK852 and hooked up my RB50. Everything has working smoothly for about 4h now, so I say that’s a win! It’s the damn 700dollar system that doesn’t work. Shame
Message 10 of 61
sutset
Guide

The support team called me today told me they pulled the lasted firmware from the download site. I am reverting back. This company clearly does not understand what QA means. I had asus router for 5 years never had issues and I paid half of what this piece of junk cost. NETGEAR software engineers simply cannot get it right. Very sad. 

Message 11 of 61
Ramboost2000
Aspirant

Have experienced the exact same issue after auto update. Trying now to revert to old firmware.

Thanks for bringing it to Netgears attention.
Message 12 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Thanks for being patient while NG works on this. 

Sure is odd that some of us have not seeng this since v10.11 appeared for us. Sure would like to know why there is this disparage between some users. 

@Ramboost2000 wrote:
Have experienced the exact same issue after auto update. Trying now to revert to old firmware.

Thanks for bringing it to Netgears attention.

Message 13 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you downgrade to v3.1 and see if this helps your system? Others are reporting that downgrading is working for them. 

@TURBOGUARD wrote:
Hey guys, update here, I unplugged my RBK852 and hooked up my RB50. Everything has working smoothly for about 4h now, so I say that’s a win! It’s the damn 700dollar system that doesn’t work. Shame

Message 14 of 61
sutset
Guide

My issues are resolved back on the previous version. NG will do this to us over and over. This has been my experience since installing orbi ax. We need a flag to tell the NETGEAR router not to auto update. You can never trust what they are giving you. In this moment of crisis in the USA with all of us working from home the last thing we need is to have them push new software again and have to go to round 2,3,4, x with them again.

Message 15 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. 

Message 16 of 61
tigerisak
Guide

How do I downgrade? I was given the new beta by Netgear yesterday but has the same issues.

Message 17 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

You can download files from HG download site and manually install the thru the RBRs web page.

Message 18 of 61
rensul
Guide

Unfortunately this has come too late. I had to completely remove my Orbi AX routers and satellites and start using the slower but functioning previous wifi router. I did go so far as downgrading to the previous firmware and still experienced the problems so I invested quite a bit of time to try and stick with this expensive purchase but eventually had to cut my losses and put my old router back in.

Very disappointed.

Message 19 of 61
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

Haven't had the time nor energy to downgrade put them back up so still on RBK50. Netgear better fix this asap. It's not cheap (non-working) routers they're selling us!

Message 20 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you try a down grade on v3.2.9.2 then re-upgrade to v10.11? 

Others are reporting better operation since NG seem to fix issues on there end. 

@rensul wrote:

Unfortunately this has come too late. I had to completely remove my Orbi AX routers and satellites and start using the slower but functioning previous wifi router. I did go so far as downgrading to the previous firmware and still experienced the problems so I invested quite a bit of time to try and stick with this expensive purchase but eventually had to cut my losses and put my old router back in.

Very disappointed.

Message 21 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Others are reporting better operation since NG seem to fix issues on there end. 

@TURBOGUARD wrote:

Haven't had the time nor energy to downgrade put them back up so still on RBK50. Netgear better fix this asap. It's not cheap (non-working) routers they're selling us!

Message 22 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

This issue should be resolved. NG has fixed behind the scenes problems that were effecting v10.11FW. Please re-apply v10.11 and factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. 

Your problems should be gone. Let us know. 

@sutset wrote:

We need the ability to downgrade firmware without the orbi auto update. I am unable to work with all these drops. Every time they issue an upgrade they blow something out of the water. I know of no way to keep a lower firmware without Orbi auto updating 

Message 23 of 61
TURBOGUARD
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

This issue should be resolved. NG has fixed behind the scenes problems that were effecting v10.11FW. Please re-apply v10.11 and factory reset the RBR and setup from scratch. 

I really hope so. Am going to hook it up right now and update.

Message 24 of 61
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know. I recommend doing a factory reset and setup from scratch on the RBR after v10.11 is applied. 

Message 25 of 61
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 60 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7