Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lose streaming when Ipod near

LarryJ-FL
Aspirant

Lose streaming when Ipod near

Hi all-

Recently got my Orbi AX6000 set up and running.

Here is an issue I am experiencing.

My downstairs satellite is wired backhaul.  It typically has the most connections of any of the other orbi devices (one more satelite and the router) which is why I am using wired backhaul.

However, whenever I am streaming off the TV (netflix, amazon, disney, etc) and my wife comes into the room with her Apple Ipad II, the streaming on the TV stops (just get the "trying to connect" circle) and never seems to recover.

It is like the Ipad is sucking up so much bandwidth even if it is minor stuff (just browsing on the internet) that the TV WIFI cannot recover.

I don't know if hard wiring the TV to the satellite will help, but it is something I am willing to try.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes, Set CTS value to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Try the TV hard wired as well to compare results. 

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

Message 2 of 4
LarryJ-FL
Aspirant

• FURRYe38--Thanks for the reply-

Let me try and be clear about the issue:

First, Firmware is 3.2.16.22_1.4.9

Next--the satellite in question is hardwired to the router.  The router is upstairs in the back of the house, the satellite is downstairs at the front of the house, about as far apart as I can get them but since they are hardwired I am not sure distance matters that much.

Streaming is working fine--which is why I am a little hesitant to try things (but I will--you guys know better than me)--

it's just when my wife starts doing something on her Ipad that streaming has issues--it doesn't happen with a samsung pad or a amazon fire pad, nor either of two Iphone 12s or downloading to kindels.

So--is it even possible that the wifi on the ipad is a super data hog?

With all that in mind, should I go ahead and make the changes you are recommending--

I am definitely satisfied with the Orbi AX6000--it is working better than what I had previously.

Thanks again for your response.

Larry

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes seems odd that only the Apple pad is doing this and the others do not...something i would contact Apple about as well. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7