Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost Ethernet and wifi to my office computer.

Howarct
Follower

Lost Ethernet and wifi to my office computer.

For some reason the board didn't recognize the Orbi RBS850 sattellite or the RBR850 router but anyway I have the lastest firmware updates on both.  The problem started when my windows 10 tried to update to 2004 and failed.  It reverted back to the old version and everything works except my ethernet connection to Orbi and/or the wifi connection to Orbi.  I can connect to the fiber optic router wifi with no problems.  I have restarted the orbi system did a new setup of the orbi system, but no joy!  All other devices in the household work fine on the Orbi system.  I have uninstalled my computer drivers for ethernet and wifi and that didn't help.  I was hoping to get some other ideas before I reset my windows, which I really don't want to do.

Message 1 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Lost Ethernet and wifi to my office computer.

Sounds to me like a windows issue -- vice an Orbi issue ---  I'll bet the failed windows update disabled or rolled back your ethernet drivers.

Can you open your device manager and check the status of that ethernet adapter to ensure it is functioning properly?  If it is, try and update the drivers for it manually.

Message 2 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Lost Ethernet and wifi to my office computer.

Are you connecting to your Orbi wireless as a brand new wireless network?  Sometimes you have issues if existing wireless settings don't exactly match (even if the same SSID).  Try:

1. Click on the wireless icon in the bottom toolbar.  When it pops up the list of SSIDs, right-click on the SSID and select "Forget".
  2. Now click on the wireless icon in the bottom toolbar again.  When you click on the SSID, it will ask again for you to enter the network password.
  3. If this doesn't work, next right-click on the wireless icon and select Open Network & Internet Settings.
  4. Click on Change Adapter Options
  5. A new window pops up showing your network devices.  One of them is your wifi adapter.  Right-click on the wifi adapter and select Diagnose.
  6. If this doesn't work, right-click on the wifi adapter and select Properties.
  7. A Wi-Fi Properties window appears saying you're connecting to some wireless device (e.g., Intel Wireless-AC 9560).  Press the Configure button.
  8. A properties window appears for the wireless device with multiple tabs at the top.  Select the Driver tab.  Is the Roll Back Driver button pressable?  If it was recently updated then you can press the button and it will rollback to the previous wireless driver.  If it is insensitive (not pressable) then there is no older driver to rollback to.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7