Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lower DL Speeds & Frequent Disconnects After Firmware Update to V4.6.3.7

Lower DL Speeds & Frequent Disconnects After Firmware Update to V4.6.3.7

Hello, I have a RBR750 Router + Mesh System (3 satellites) and ever since updating to the new firmware in July (V4.6.3.7) I've had persistently slower DL speeds (from 900 to ~600 Mbps) and the router and satellites have been regularly cutting out and resetting throughout the day (which has been brutal). 

I know there's another post around slower speeds, but wondering if anyone has had issues with devices dropping or resetting since this update if there are any troubleshooting tips to resolve. 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't let us know when new Fw is coming out so will have to be patient. Hopefully sooner then later. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

This is a known issue that NG is aware of. It effects the speed results on the RBRs internal speed test app. 

Use a external speed test app with a wired PC and you should see near 900Mpbs if that what you pay for from your ISP. 

Also disable AX mode on the RBR. Users have posted this is helping there systems in mean time. 

Hopefully should be fixed in next FW update. Please be patient. 

Message 2 of 6

Thanks. Is the just pertaining to the bandwidth issue, or does it also result in the devices consistently resetting and losing signal? 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Both. 

Message 4 of 6

Ah good to know, thanks for the follow up.

Is there any estimate on when the next FW update will be? This is a pretty bail #fail.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't let us know when new Fw is coming out so will have to be patient. Hopefully sooner then later. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7