Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mesh Networking Question

dalucca2003
Aspirant

Mesh Networking Question

Couple of questions I have in regards to mesh networking.  I have a RBR750 router and two RBS750 satellites.  My house is a bit over 3000 square feet.  The router is upstairs and the I have one satellite upstairs and one downstairs.  Whenever I log into the Orbi mobile app I hardly ever see any of my devices connected to the satellites.  Is this common and if not, how do you resolve it.

Also, I have read whenever we need to reboot the router, we should unplug the satellites, reboot the router first, and then reconnect the satellites.  Is this the proper way to rebooting the mesh networking system or is there a more appropriate way?

Last question is adding another satellite overkill?  I have a pretty good size property lot and just want to ensure I can get good coverage to the entire property.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Mesh Networking Question

0 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

It's up to connected devices to pick and chose where they connect too.

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX (WiFi6 RBK3, 7, 8 and 9 Series) products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@dalucca2003 wrote:

Couple of questions I have in regards to mesh networking.  I have a RBR750 router and two RBS750 satellites.  My house is a bit over 3000 square feet.  The router is upstairs and the I have one satellite upstairs and one downstairs.  Whenever I log into the Orbi mobile app I hardly ever see any of my devices connected to the satellites.  Is this common and if not, how do you resolve it.

Also, I have read whenever we need to reboot the router, we should unplug the satellites, reboot the router first, and then reconnect the satellites.  Is this the proper way to rebooting the mesh networking system or is there a more appropriate way?

Last question is adding another satellite overkill?  I have a pretty good size property lot and just want to ensure I can get good coverage to the entire property.

Message 3 of 5
dalucca2003
Aspirant

I turned the power output to 50% and that seems to have helped with a more steady wifi connection with our devices.  

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, go with it. 

Also my typo in my first post should read "30 feet". Sorry about that. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7