Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mesh network

Gaffe
Tutor

Mesh network

Hi,
How many satellites can the Ax4200 system hold, excluding the router?
Any limits for additional APs, I need minimum two. (Located in two different buildings, guest house)
Thanks, G
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Mesh network

Message 2 of 6
Gaffe
Tutor

Thanks, 

Do u know if I can put a second router as an sat or AP? The package price is much better buying 2+2 than a package og 4. 

//G

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

You can use a 2nd router and put it access point mode. But it needs to be hardwired in and it won't "integrate" with the system as only the satellites "mesh" with the router/satellite. You can use the new satellites to connect to the primary router. 

What I see a lot is people buying the kit for the satellites and either selling the router or keeping it as backup for if their router ever fails. Sticks when the router fails and you have a bunch of satellites as the satellites need the router to work properly. 

Message 4 of 6
Gaffe
Tutor

Thanks, it sounds like a good solution to use the 2:nd router via wire. It will be in a guest house and no more satellite will be needed out there.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

If the guest house is out of range of the primary network, you could always use the same ssid then. 

Its just if they're in the same range that you wouldn't want to use the same ssid/channels or it impacts the smart roaming

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7