Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Moving my Orbi router to another location.

swami7774
Tutor

Moving my Orbi router to another location.

I want to move my Currently my Netgear modem and Orbi RBR850 to another room. Is the process as simple as simply disconnecting and then reconnecting the units or do I have to go through the entire setup process again? TIA.

Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@swami7774 wrote:

I want to move my Currently my Netgear modem and Orbi RBR850 to another room. Is the process as simple as simply disconnecting and then reconnecting the units or do I have to go through the entire setup process again? TIA.

Assuming the modem is being connected to the same ISP service, just plug them in.

The coax signal at a different location in the house may be different than where the modem is connected now, but there is a pretty wide range of acceptable levels.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7