Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multi-Floor Setup Suggestions

impetus71
Aspirant

Multi-Floor Setup Suggestions

Hello. Looking for guidance on which setup will proivde best coverage.  My modem is currently on the main floor of a 3 floor house on the opposite side of my office.  Upstairs bedrooms each have tvs (either smart or firestick). Downstairs basement has video game systems.  Would purchasing the RBK754 with 3 satellites (one on each floor with the capability of plugging directly into them) be better than purchasing the RBK852 system with both router and satellite on the main floor providing wireless coverage to the upper and lower floors?  I understand the 85 has stronger capabilities but for the same price wasn't sure if more is better or is better better than more.  Thank you.    

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBS are capable of handling local wired and wireless connections. They are fairly flexable so it would be kind of your decision on how to want to connect devices. For some devices, wired is preferred. Some less critical then wireless of course. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Depending on size of home will also let you know of how many RBS is needed. Smaller sized homes to mid side, 1 RBS maybe only needed. Larger sized homes maybe two or three. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Find-Your-Orbi-With-the-NEW-Orbi-Product-Selector/m-p/1907267/...

I have a 5000sq ft home and 2 RBS are plenty for my needs. 

Over all you don't wan to have too much wifi signals however have enough to cover all areas. Placement and distance is key. 

Message 2 of 4
impetus71
Aspirant

Thank you for the prompt reply.  Each satellite will be a minimum of 30 feet from the main modem.  I wasn't clear in my original ask as to whether it benefits to get the multi three satellite option for each floor to gain speed by plugging in my work laptop/printer from my home office across the main floor, plugging in my son's playstation in the basement, and/or plugging the smart tvs upstairs versus having the RBK852 one satellite system provide wireless coverage to all floors with no direct plug ins.   Thanks again.  Will review the links.    

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The RBS are capable of handling local wired and wireless connections. They are fairly flexable so it would be kind of your decision on how to want to connect devices. For some devices, wired is preferred. Some less critical then wireless of course. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7