Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple issues with sattelite RBS750

OzClueless
Follower

Multiple issues with sattelite RBS750

Hi everyone,

I bought the Netgear Orbi AX4200 mesh system yesterday whereby it came with 1 x RBR750 router & 2 x RBS750 satellites.

So far, the router & one of the satellites work fine and have no issues.

However, on one of the satellites, I've noticed the following issues as follows when logged into the GUI interface:

1) The device name "RBS750" is not reflected above the words Orbi Sattelite-1 - Screenshot #1

2) Sattelite continually goes out of sync. I have tried resyncing and factoring resetting, but the issue still persists.

3) Unable to login into the IP address the device has been assigned. Whenever I try to log in, it continually gives me a "This site can't be reached" error screen 

4) I can plug in a device directly to this satellite via ethernet and the internet is working. However, when I go to view the section attached to devices in the GUI interface, I don't see any devices being connected to this satellite; even though my device is connected directly via ethernet

Some troubleshooting steps I attempted were to factory reset the satellite, resync manually and update the firmware on all devices in the mesh system. 

Did I get a dud/bad device? Any thoughts on how I can resolve this.

Thanks all

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Multiple issues with sattelite RBS750

What Firmware version is currently loaded on the RBR and RBS?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Looks like a 8 series RBS icon instead of a 7 series icon...

Can you access both RBS web pages? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7