Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Orbi RBK852 my router says RBR 850 and satellite says RBS 850 HELP

Spaceteam
Follower

NETGEAR Orbi RBK852 my router says RBR 850 and satellite says RBS 850 HELP

Hello folks.

I would like some advice on my recent purchase for the NETGEAR Orbi RBK852 mesh router set I purchased it of E bay for £400 but looking at the underside of the router which says RBR 850 and for the satellite which says RBS 850.

I would have assumed on both the Satellite and the router it would have said RBK to denote it is a kit sold as two units together matched so can anyone confirm if this is how you Netgear ship these kits as to me they seem to be separate units purchased separately then placed into a kit box and sold as a kit when in fact there are separate units I don’t wish to contact the seller as I could be maybe wrong I don’t want to make a fool of myself and there is no information on line relating to this information, except to state the RBR means it’s the router and the RBS means it’s the satellite.  I checked and as far as I can tell this is the exact same as the RBK 852 but I am not 100% correct so can anyone who has the RBK 852 comment or have I been sold something different or is there a difference between the RBR 850 and the RBK 852 any help will eb greatly appreciated. By the way this item came in the proper box but the serial number has been rubbed out and any defining information.

Thank you to all who reply.

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

The RBK just signifies its a kit. 

their individual model names are:

RBR---Router

RBS---satellite

this has been for the AC and AX series

So what you got, is what we'd expect. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7