Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBK752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

rel234
Tutor

Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBK752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

This post is mostly to remember solution myself and maybe help someone else as I couldn't find anything in previous posts when faced these issues...

I have used Netatmo Welcome camera with different Netgear WiFi systems for many years. Once I upgraded to Orbi RBK752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite, currently on firmware V4.6.5.14), Netatmo Welcome camera started to disconnect constantly, often refusing even to connect back at all.

First, I thought my Welcome camera has died finally. But no, when connected to a different WiFi it worked ok, so I figured it must be my new Orbi WiFi system then.

After many trials and errors, finally what solved issues completely, was changing 2.4Ghz preamble to Long in Orbi settings. Apparently, Welcome camera is using some old WiFi card on 2.4Ghz only and Orbi can not identify it correctly to apply Long preamble (I have always had preamble on Auto for all my previous systems). Changing to Long preamble has not had any side effects either - other devices have the same network speed and reliability.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBK752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netatmo Welcome camera issues with Orbi RBK752 (RBR750 router and RBS750 satellite)

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7